Service Release 5 Enhances RES Software’s Automation and User Workspace Management Solution
Basingstoke, UK - 29th June 2010 – RES Software, the proven leader in user workspace management, expanded its run book automation offering today with the launch of RES Wisdom Service Release 5. RES Wisdom Service Release 5 offers users support for migrating to the recently released Microsoft Exchange Server 2010. With this new service release, RES Wisdom continues to enable IT professionals to deliver any set of changes to user workspaces, automate provisioning of IT resources and support Citrix Workflow Studio™, all from a single console.
RES Wisdom enables IT administrators to use run books (prebuilt workflows) to automate operations management processes, using logic to apply changes dependent on specific parameters. Any combination of maintenance and provisioning jobs can be chained into a single run book to automate complex sequences of changes across a combination of workstations and servers. This ensures that end users have the right resources available at any time or place, increasing their productivity. RES Wisdom is easy to install on an administrator’s workstation and can be deployed quickly across the network to all the workstations and servers in the organisation, regardless of location.
Support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 is offered as the critical next step in the evolution of RES Wisdom. As enterprises of all sizes begin to migrate their end-users to the latest version of Exchange Server, they are now able to control the management of the process from one central console. This essential feature also enables advanced scheduling, which allows IT professionals to more cost effectively automate, manage and maintain the migration process. The migration of small batches of users can be scheduled at specific, convenient times that will not disrupt workflow.
“RES Software has been a committed Microsoft technology partner for five years,” said Bob Janssen, Chief Technology Officer, RES Software. “With RES Wisdom Service Release 5, our joint customers will now have support during the migration and management of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010. This additional feature further supports the ability of RES Wisdom to seamlessly manage the user workspace environment and is critical in maintaining organisational productivity and ensuring minimal end-user impact.”
In addition to the support of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, RES Wisdom Service Release 5 provides the following key benefits:
• Accountability — Reporting and audit trails show what happened, when, why and how
• Better business alignment — Run books designed, developed, implemented and run in line with IT service levels, and in support of IT-to-business alignment initiatives
• Predictable results — Manageable task automation in support of IT operations process that can cross organisational silo boundaries
• Personnel optimisation — Reducing the need for manually running mundane, repeatable tasks
• Reduced risk — Removing manual, error-prone human intervention
• Security — Executing processes in line with policy and compliance regulations
• Supporting best practices — Increasing IT operations efficiency by supporting IT-to-business alignment initiatives
• Support of Citrix Workflow Studio - The combination of Citrix workflows and RES Software run books allows administrators to leverage the power of Citrix Workflow Studio with increased scalability and ease of use
About RES Software
RES Software, the proven leader in user workspace management, is driving a transformation in the way organisations manage and reduce the cost of their PC populations. The company empowers customers, from SMBs to global enterprises, to manage an increasingly complex desktop ecosystem and meet the essential needs of a dynamic workforce that requires on-demand access to their personalised workspaces. Designed for physical, server-based computing environments or virtual desktop platforms, RES Software’s award-winning, patented technology enables IT professionals to address this shift by managing, automating and delivering secure, personalised and more productive desktop experiences to any user. For more information, follow updates on Twitter @RESSoftware and visit www.ressoftware.com.
Mark Kember / Claire Chapman
Tel: +44 (0) 1491 873 323
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Tel: +44 (0) 7710 633 488
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of One Bite Communications in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.