REV07/10 - 19th July 2010
London, UK – 19th July 2010, Revelation Software Limited are pleased to announce the availability of the latest release of OpenInsight (OI). OI version 9.2 provides Revelation’s OI developers with a number of enhancements and new features to further increase their productivity and to also enhance their end-user’s experience.
The main highlights of this new release include:
• OpenInsight for Web (O4W) – A brand new web 2.0 development toolkit that empowers OpenInsight developers to rapidly create browser based forms, reports, menus, dashboards and programs. Furthermore, with support for SQL, D3 and U2, anyone using these database technologies can now quickly and easily create data driven websites with or without code, saving development time and reducing costs.
• SQL Connector – The new SQL connector enables OI to treat SQL tables as native OI data tables. This allows all of the OpenInsight tools (including forms, reports, popups, stored procedures and O4W) to work with SQL data just as they do with OI’s own native data. The benefit to developers is immense, in that the learning curve to support multiple databases in one application is dramatically reduced.
• OpenInsight for D3 – This connector will allow OpenInsight to be used as a front end application development tool with the D3 database from TigerLogic Corporation as the backend. As with the SQL connector, once the connector is set-up, the D3 database is accessed through the OI interface just as if it were native OI data.
• Single Sign-On (SSO) – By configuring SSO, OpenInsight users can be authenticated via traditional OpenInsight methods, via Windows security, or via a combination of both.
• Bitmap Indexes – This type of index is used when the number of indexed values are relatively small; e.g. Sex (M/F), Active (Yes/No), etc. Bitmap Indexes are extremely fast, and this new approach has enabled Revelation to greatly increase performance where indexes are used.
• OECGI3 – This is the OpenEngine Common Gateway Interface version 3 which supports Failover and Load Balancing modes. These modes make OECGI3 a more robust connection object and allows for extra capacity and/or redundancy to be added to a web application.
“This release continues our commitment to extended OpenInsight by embracing new technologies as well as providing seamless integration with external databases. In and of itself O4W is so feature rich it could have been marketed as a standalone product,” said Mike Ruane, President/CEO Revelation Software, “The inclusion of O4W as part of our OpenInsight Development Suite further empowers our development community.”
OpenInsight Development Suite 9.2 can be purchased as a front end development toolkit for U2 (Unniverse and Unidata), D3 and SQL Server databases. “With the release of the new connectors in OpenInsight 9.2, we have opened up new opportunities and potential markets for our customer base.” said Martyn Phillips, Business Development Manager, Revelation Software Limited. “Our traditional licensing model is very cost effective, however with this ground breaking release, Revelation has been able to package the toolset without OpenInsight’s native Linear Hash database. This has resulted in new licenses that further reduce the cost of developing and deploying OpenInsight based applications for use with one or more of the third party databases.”
OpenInsight Development Suite 9.2 is available from Revelation Software, or through their network of resellers.
About Revelation Software
Founded in 1982, Revelation Software delivers a suite of application development tools and companion services that take full advantage of leading network computing architectures, messaging, groupware, and client server platforms. Today, the company's flagship product OpenInsight is the only database development and application environment that provides both Windows and Java-based GUI tools to develop and deploy web-based and client server applications that support native and relational XML, SQL, Lotus Notes and the leading legacy Multi-Value data sources such a ARev, Pick and IBM Universe. There are more than 1.5 million licensed users of Revelation products across 60,000 deployed sites worldwide. For more information visit www.revsoft.co.uk.
Note to editors: Revelation Software is a division of Revelation Technologies. Revelation Software, OpenInsight and O4W are trademarks of Revelation Technologies. All other trademarks and trade names are property of their respective holders.
# # #
+44 (0) 20 8912 1000
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Revelation Software in the following categories: Business & Finance, Education & Human Resources, Medical & Pharmaceutical, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, Manufacturing, Engineering & Energy, Computing & Telecoms, Construction & Property, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.