London, 20th July 2010: Teddy Tennis announce the launch of their first feature length DVD “Let’s Play Teddy Tennis”, an animated DVD designed to teach and encourage young children to learn the essentials of playing tennis.
Teddy Tennis is a new teaching method that inspires young children aged 3½ - 5½ to play tennis and develop a love of sport. It creatively connects to children through music, pictures, stories and teddy bear characters, making learning the elementary skills of tennis and sport, great FUN.
‘Let’s Play Teddy Tennis’ comprises 12 games and exercises that are taught in a typical Teddy Tennis lesson. The games focus on developing three areas or core competence; ‘ball skills’, racket skills’ and movement skills’; collectively these form the foundation for becoming accomplished at most sports and are therefore an excellent learning formula for all young children. The DVD also features the music and pictures that are so successfully utilised in Teddy Tennis lessons.
Richard Bean, co-founder of Teddy Tennis said “The idea behind producing the DVD is to enable children to practice what they have learned in class at home. Also, the DVD enables children who have not had the benefit of being to a Teddy Tennis lesson to learn at home. The games and exercises are very simple to follow especially since it includes the music which not only inspires kids but set the rhythm for the games or exercises.”
As well as getting children active and teaching them to play tennis, Teddy Tennis enhances co-ordination, grows confidence, develops communication skills and introduces young children to the concept of learning.
Roger Draper, Chief Executive of British Tennis said: “We think it is a great idea for the 3 and 5 year olds to build a foundation of good all round athletic fundamentals with music and pictures to help the youngsters understand the learning experience of tennis, we wish them well in their venture.”
The DVD is available now, costs £11.95 and is available from the Teddy Tennis booking line (0845 643 1173).
Notes for editors:
1. Peter MacCraw coach educator, leading tennis researcher and world-renowned developmental coach said “Teddy Tennis is a unique and innovative program that introduces children to the fundamentals of tennis. The unique approach of combining music with motion creates an ideal learning environment for children of all ages and abilities to develop sound athletic and tennis skills. A child could not receive a better start to tennis. Teddy Tennis is the best I have seen.”
2. Teddy Tennis applies children’s innate musical appreciation to inspire participation and development. Songs, specially written for the programme, provide the rhythm that helps children move around the court more easily. It helps them develop their hand to eye co-ordination and it enables them to swing the racket at the ball so that they can hit it with perfect timing. Not only do children love the approach but it speeds up the learning process, helps develop their communication skills and improves their confidence.
3. Teddy Tennis has been developed in Holland Park, West London and this year alone, over 850 children have participated in the programme. Teddy Tennis teaching is made up of a series of lessons all of which use music and pictures to inspire the children to take part, to learn and to have fun.
4. Teddy Tennis featured on BBC’s Dragons Den in 2007 but did not get their investment.
5. The Teddy Tennis band is called ‘Head Ted and the Cub Cadets’ and all their music is available to download from iTunes.
6. Sample of the DVD are available on YouTube.
7. Sample DVD’s are available to journalists on request. To request a copy please send us your mailing address via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 0856 643 1173. Your order should arrive shortly.
For further information
Stephen Bean, Teddy Tennis Ltd
Teddy Tennis Central Bookings & Enquiries:
0845 643 1173
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Marketing-Alliance Ltd in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Sport, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.