UK’s leading phone comparison site first to receive Ofcom accreditation
London, 2 August 2010 – Consumerchoices.co.uk, a leading provider of comparison sites and services, today announces that its Homephonechoices.co.uk calculator has received Ofcom accreditation. Homephonechoices.co.uk is the first dedicated home phone comparison site to be awarded Ofcom’s coveted accreditation.
Homephonechoices.co.uk offers comprehensive and impartial advice on calling plans and line rental packages, plus a comparison service for bundle services incorporating phone with broadband and/or digital TV.
The Homephonechoices.co.uk calculator compares thousands of different combinations of packages and provides results in an easy-to-read table. Consumers can search by postcode to check availability comparing line rental prices, package costs and pence per minute call charges. Comparison tables can be sorted and filtered to compare tariffs for calling landlines, mobile networks, and non-geographic numbers (0870 /0845). Homephonechoices.co.uk’s sister website Broadbandchoices.co.uk has already been accredited by Ofcom for its broadband comparison services.
Simon Piper, Head of Business Development, Consumerchoices.co.uk, comments: "In order to become an accredited price comparison site, calculators must be accessible, accurate, transparent and comprehensive. We are thrilled with our second Ofcom accreditation under the Consumerchoices.co.uk umbrella. The accreditation gives our partners the confidence that they have teamed up with a highly credible comparison service and ISPs are ranked with impartiality."
Ed Richards, Ofcom Chief Executive said: "Clear and accurate pricing information on home phone services is fundamental to consumer choice. Consumers can be sure that by using an Ofcom-accredited price comparison service they are going to be receiving accurate and up to date pricing information to enable them to choose the best broadband deal for them."
NOTES TO EDITOR:
Accredited price comparison calculators must be accessible, accurate, transparent and comprehensive:
1. Services must be accessible by all consumers including disabled users.
2. Web-based services should offer consumers the option of getting advice offline
3. Data used to calculate price comparisons should be updated at least every eight weeks. Web based calculators should indicate when they were last updated.
4. Data on prices and tariffs should reflect the availability of special offers and any upfront costs, for example installation and equipment.
5. The price comparison calculator must enable consumers to sort the results of any price calculation by price.
6. The price comparison organisation must make it clear to consumers how it makes money or funds its activity.
7. Price comparison information must be full and comprehensive. Data should include a comprehensive number of providers to reflect the level of choice available to consumers in the relevant market, including key players.
8. Price comparison calculators should take into account the consumers’ location when presenting information on what services are available.
9. Consumers should be advised to consider factors other than price and encouraged to visit the industry websites providing quality of service information www.topcomm.org.uk and www.topnetuk.org.
Consumerchoices.co.uk was founded in March 2005 and operates a portfolio of seven price comparison and consumer advice websites encompassing consumer finance, credit, insurance, energy and communications services (broadband, home phone and digital TV).
Over 20 established online brands including Comparethemarket.com, GoCompare.com and Confused.com rely on Consumerchoices.co.uk to power their broadband, home phone and digital TV comparison services.
The company's broadband service, Broadbandchoices.co.uk, is the UK's leading Ofcom accredited comparison calculator and is one of only two such websites in the entire price comparison arena to carry this coveted kite mark.
For more information please contact:
+44 (0)207 268 3076
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of HomePhoneChoices.co.uk in the following categories: Personal Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.