Carrentals.co.uk offers great advice to drivers in the UK on how to save on their average fuel bill
24 August 2010 – The ever-popular August Bank Holiday weekend is almost here and with it comes a hike in fuel prices. In response to the new high charges, Brit drivers can benefit from taking a look at the new advice on offer through Carrentals.co.uk.
Managing Director for the popular car rental firm is Gareth Robinson and he said: “Even though fuel prices have remained fairly consistent throughout the summer months, the Bank Holiday weekend looks set to see these costs rise as they did back in May and we want to help people to learn ways that means that they can save some money.”
“Fuel consumption is the biggest focus on how drivers can save money and we have comprised a list of ways that drivers can save on their fuel usage.”
Here is how you can save money on fuel –
1) Take it Steady – Reducing your speed down from 70mph to 50mph will see a saving of 30%.
2) Pressure Point – Tyres that are lacking in pressure use up more fuel while those that are overinflated lose road grip.
3) Plan Your Route – Plan out the best route before you leave to make sure that you don’t get lost or hit the busiest roads.
4) Remove Excess Weight – Get rid of the golf clubs or set of tools sat in the boot to reduce the weight of the car.
5) Tight-Wad’s Fifth Gear – The modern technology on cars these days means that you use more fuel by dropping the car into neutral.
6) Make Your Own Fuel – Biofuel can be made at home so save money by cutting down on the amount of times you need to fill up.
7) Cut Down on Resistance – Remove additions like roof racks and do up car windows to reduce drag.
8) Supermarket Money Off Vouchers – Vouchers at supermarkets that offer money off fuel make a big difference.
9) Lift Share – Share your car with others and vice versa to cut down on fuel usage.
10) Keep Fuel Topped Up – Fill your tank all the way up when you find a station with good prices.
Carrentals.co.uk compares car hire deals from up to 50 rental companies, including Alamo, Auto Europe, Budget, easyCar, Holiday Autos and Sixt, in over 9,000 locations worldwide. To compare the latest car hire deals visit www.carrentals.co.uk.
Carrentals.co.uk was launched in February 2003 and grew to become one of the UK's leading online car hire companies by 2006.
In 2007 the company re-launched its site to create the first major online price comparator in the travel industry. Using the latest technology the Carrentals.co.uk site now searches up to 50 different car hire websites, providing an impartial comparison of the best prices available in over 9,000 locations.
Websites searched include Alamo, Auto Europe, Budget, easyCar, Ebookers, Hertz, Holiday Autos, Opodo, Sixt and Thrifty, with the Carrentals.co.uk site quickly comparing prices and allowing customers to refine their search by car type.
The Carrentals.co.uk site also features over 5,000 pages of travel information in a mini-guide format.
In 2008 Carrentals.co.uk was voted Best Car Hire Website in the Travolution Awards. To book or for further information visit www.carrentals.co.uk
Rachel Builder & Debbie Williams
T: 01625 511966
F: 01625 511967
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Asap Ventures in the following categories: Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.