Liverpool based Kays Medical, has announced findings of independent laboratory tests which confirm that their ResponseBeta(tm) disinfectant cleaner kills the potentially fatal NDM-1 enzyme.
New Delhi metallo-beta -lactamase-1 (NDM-1) is a gene carried by bacteria that makes the strain resistant to some of the most powerful antibiotics. It can jump from one strain of bacteria to another and ultimately could produce life threatening infections that would be virtually impossible to treat.
Scientists believe it has the potential to become a global public health issue and the Health Protection Agency (HPA) has stepped up warnings about the potential spread within NHS hospitals.
The Lancet Infectious Diseases journal recently included a report highlighting the potential of NDM-1 as a worldwide public health problem recommending co-ordinated international surveillance.
Managing director of Kays Medical, Ben Ludzker said: “The potential for a pandemic of antibiotic resistant infections caused by NDM-1 is real. Vigilance and best practice are obviously critical but we believe the findings that prove ResponseBeta(tm) can kill NDM-1 represent a breakthrough in infection control.”
The ResponseBeta(tm) range of infection control products has been specifically developed to kill a wide range of pathogens. ResponseBeta(tm) is an alcohol-free, broad spectrum biocidal formula which is scientifically proven to destroy viruses, bacteria, fungi, yeasts and spores.
ResponseBeta(tm) disinfectant cleaner was tested by an independent laboratory which is an Associate Member of Chartered Institute of Environmental Health Officers and an Associate Member of Royal Society of Medicine. It is also a member of BSI (British Standards Institution) working group CH216.
The certificate of analysis concludes that ResponseBeta(tm), when in its ready to use form, passes the requirements of EN 13727 for bactericidal activity against the NDM-1 organism.
For further information please contact Samantha Towers at Clarity Creation on 0151 293 0505
Notes to Editors
- Kays Medical is one of the UK’s leading providers of first aid medical supplies and training and also of infection control and biohazard decontamination products.
- Founded in 1976, the family firm’s customer base now includes blue chip companies and public sector organisations in the UK and abroad. Kays hold a number of major national contracts supplying products and training to a wide variety of sectors such as leisure, food, manufacturing, retail as well as GP surgeries, schools and prisons.
- In December 2008 Kays Medical acquired Response UK, a leading supplier of biohazard decontamination products for both public and private organizations.
- Kays Medical employs over 40 people from its headquarters in Liverpool and the company increased turnover to over £4m+ this year.
- Kays Medical is ISO 9001:2000 accredited and a member of the British Healthcare Trades Association (BHTA) which is Office of Fair Trading Approved.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Clarity Creation in the following categories: Health, Medical & Pharmaceutical, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.