Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust is a very valued client and a tremendous showcase for our Evolve solutions
- Evolve eDischarge successfully passes CfH’s Interoperability Toolkit (ITK) proof of concept trials and is ITK compliant
- Live deployment at Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust Approaching delivery of 90% of summaries to GP surgeries within 24 hours
London & Belfast – September 27th , 2010 – Kainos, (www.kainos.com) the IT consulting company and developers of the Evolve™ healthcare solution, today announced the launch of Evolve eDischarge, its electronic discharge summary solution that is enjoying great success at Ipswich Hospitals NHS Trust.
Kainos teamed with InterSystems as an early and active participant in the NHS Connecting for Health’s ITK proof of concept trials for electronic discharge summary solutions which it passed successfully some months back. Although not mandatory for candidate companies to have NHS customer involvement, Kainos worked with clinicians at Ipswich Hospitals NHS Trust to develop a discharge process optimised for acute care management. The Evolve implementation at Ipswich has gone from strength to strength and is now approaching 90% of discharge summaries being delivered to GP surgeries within 24 hours. The percentage of summaries being delivered is increasing week on week as the system broadens its reach and usage.
Evolve eDischarge provides accurate, consistent and timely clinical information to GPs at the point of patient discharge and allows a Trust to submit electronic discharge summaries directly to GPs as soon as a patient leaves hospital.
The solution, part of the Evolve suite of applications which transforms document management and workflow within Trusts, aids compliance with the Department of Health’s 24 hour discharge target, improves efficiency and raises the quality of care by facilitating the smooth transfer of care between acute and primary providers.
At a glance, Evolve eDischarge means
• Electronic capture of key clinical information eg diagnoses, co-morbidities, investigation and results, procedures and treatments, medications and any follow-up arrangements
• Accurate medication - Medication details are recorded and tracked while an approved discharge summary can be issued to pharmacy to allow medication to be dispensed reliably and efficiently
• Improved coding - Depth and accuracy of episode coding is improved by the timely availability of an accurate, legible and auditable discharge summary
• Compliance - Trusts are able to meet strict new requirements for transmitting discharge summaries to GPs within 24 hours
• A more joined-up service - Seamless, automatic transmission of patient details between acute and primary care, via a choice of media including NHS mail or XML message direct to GPs’ own system
• Better patient care via a smooth, rapid and reliable handover of full discharge notes that are clearly coded and not handwritten
• Greater efficiency at lower cost Time spent by clinicians on patient administration is reduced, enabling them to focus on patient care
• Integration with existing and future Trust systems Full integration with Patient Administration Systems is supported, as well as those processes used for pharmacy management
Deirdre O’Neill is head the Evolve Healthcare Division at Kainos and has overseen the launch of the Evolve healthcare portfolio, “We are delighted with the success of Evolve eDischarge at the Connecting for Health proof of concept trials and we are looking forward to working with the team on the next level of accreditation. Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust is a very valued client and a tremendous showcase for our Evolve solutions and this ‘live’ implementation is a true test of our eDischarge capability.”
Evolve is the flagship solution in Kainos’s comprehensive suite of healthcare solutions, which cost-effectively automate the creation, capture, handling and transmission of critical medical casenotes and operational documents and records. Evolve is underpinned by Autonomy Records Management™, the world’s most advanced retention and disposition solution.
Evolve customers include some of the biggest names in and associated with the NHS including: West Suffolk Hospital NHS Trust, Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust, Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Clatterbridge Centre for Oncology NHS Foundation Trust and Northern Ireland Health Service.
Kainos combines proven specialist skills and experience in electronic document and records management (EDM) with an in-depth knowledge of the health sector. We offer rapid deployment of targeted solutions, based on proven best practices, which address real challenges facing healthcare organisations today. Our high profile public sector clients include acute and social care Trusts in the UK and Ireland. More information can be viewed at www.kainos.com
Carina Birt, Sarum
PR for Kainos
+44 1722 411150
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Sarum PR in the following categories: Health, Business & Finance, Medical & Pharmaceutical, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.