Time is running out for digital teams across the public sector to gain praise and recognition for their innovative and diligent contributions to e-Government, as the nomination window for the e-Government National Awards draws to a close.
The deadline for nominations in Britain’s most closely watched public sector technology Awards is Wednesday 6 October.
Covering eleven categories, the awards recognise the teams and organisations deploying excellence and technological innovation in the way they communicate and interact with citizens and businesses.
Nominations are open to public organisations in local and national government, the NHS, education and the third sector. Projects can also be nominated by ICT suppliers, however only public sector bodies can win the awards. To download a nomination pack, please visit:
The Awards cover the following categories:
- Building a fairer society with e-Government services - sponsored by KPMG
- Central e-Government excellence: Take-up & usage growth
- Central e-Government excellence: Team
- e-Government excellence: Leadership & Professionalism
- e-Government excellence: Shared Services
- e-Government excellence: Innovation in strategy on a national level- sponsored by Vodafone
- e-Government excellence: Innovation in strategy at a local level- sponsored by Pitney Bowes
- Local e-Government excellence: Take-up & usage growth
- Local e-Government excellence: Team
- e-Government excellence in Learning & Skills
- e-Government excellence: For sustainable, 'green IT' or 'carbon-efficient' services
This year’s panel of expert judges is now finalised:
- John Suffolk, Government CIO - Cabinet Office e-Government Unit
- Keith Bannister, Partner IT Advisory (Public Sector), KPMG
- Steve Palmer, CIO at London Borough of Hillingdon
- Jos Creese, Head of IT at Hampshire County Council and Socitm President
- Phil Coppard, OBE - Chief Executive, Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council & representing Solace.
- Donald Graham, Chief Executive, Hertsmere Borough Council & representing Solace.
- Chris Histed, founder, PublicTechnology.net
- Ben Heald, Chief Executive, Sift Media
- Ian Cunningham, Head of Public Sector Sales, Vodafone
Notes for editors:
The e-Government National Awards are sponsored by KPMG, Vodafone, Pitney Bowes and K2 Advisory. They are supported by The Cabinet Office, SOLACE and SOCITM.
The charitable beneficiary for the event is The Information Technologists’ Company.
The e-Government National Awards are run by Sift Media
Sift Media is a leading business-to-business publisher specialising in online professional communities and face-to-face business events.
With a range of services including websites, email publications, industry awards and exhibitions, Sift Media delivers original, branded content to over half a million professionals every month, across finance, accounting, HR and training, IT, marketing, customer management and knowledge management.
Related web links:
e-Government National Awards: www.e-governmentawards.org.uk
Cabinet Office: www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk
H20 Networks: www.h2o-networks.uk.net
Sift Media: www.siftmedia.co.uk
For press information:
Matt Henkes, commercial editor, Sift Media
0117 915 8654
mob 07967 396 858
For awards enquiries:
Darren Falkingham, head of marketing, Sift Media
0117 915 8632
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Sift Media in the following categories: Business & Finance, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.