—CommVault Recognised for Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute—
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) –Reading, UK—November 8, 2010
• CommVault has been positioned in the “Challengers” quadrant in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving (EIA), which was published October 29, 2010.
• Gartner Magic Quadrants provide a snapshot of how vendors perform in a market segment with the goal of helping end users make better informed decisions about companies they may be looking to partner with, or whose services or products they may want to purchase.
• Gartner’s view regarding vendor placement is heavily influenced by the more than 1,500 conversations on the topic of EIA during the past 18 months with Gartner clients. The report states that “[a]rchiving products that can address both e-mail and files generally provide efficiencies across these content types, versus taking a siloed approach to management.”
• Growth in CommVault’s Information & Access Management business, including Simpana® Archive revenue, has come primarily from the increased awareness and use of functionality contained in the unified Simpana® data and information management software.
• With its unique policy-driven, singular-platform approach, Simpana software delivers management and infrastructure efficiencies while providing a growing customer base with a set of capabilities and features that meet the demands of their legal and compliance archiving needs.
• CommVault® Simpana software provides a fresh, economic approach to managing space associated with the archiving of a range of content types, including files. Its unified approach to file archiving in particular, integrates data analytics to drive the policy management of unstructured archive deduplication. This capability spans all tiers of storage—both disk and tape—to seamlessly deliver efficient, long-term archive retention management.
Tweet This: @CommVault positioned as industry challenger in Enterprise Information Archiving Magic Quadrant http://bit.ly/tHOP
Simpana Archive Module Helps Control Storage Growth, Lower Costs & Reduce Risk
• As an integrated data archiving solution, Simpana software optimizes data tiering and improves information governance while lowering long-term retention costs by up to 50 percent.
• Simpana software, which includes both Archive and Search modules for indexing, search and eDiscovery functionality, supports a broad array of applications, including Microsoft Exchange, Windows and SharePoint along with Lotus Domino, Unix, Linux, NetWare and NAS file systems.
• In October 2010, CommVault launched Simpana 9 Information Governance, which evolved the Simpana software platform to deliver Retention Lifecycle Management (RLM) focused on the economics of information archiving and space saving, as well as enterprise-wide intelligent search through a purpose-built user interface. Additional capabilities are now provided with Simpana Content Director for customisable and automated information workflow, records classification retention and declaration, as well as the identification and management of certain privacy-related content.
• In the latest version of the Simpana Archive module, CommVault also added a new Archive API, which lets customers designate records to be archived, including from SAP ArchiveLink, to further reduce costs while facilitating more efficient lifecycle retention.
• CommVault’s support of cloud storage APIs from AT&T Synaptic, Nirvanix, Iron Mountain, Amazon, Mezeo, Microsoft Azure and EMC Atmos enable the cloud as an archive storage tier. To that end, CommVault seamlessly integrates with trusted cloud storage providers to move archive data securely, reliably and transparently into, and out of, cloud storage.
• “CommVault is proud to be recognised as a Challenger in Gartner’s 2010 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving,” says Simon Taylor, senior director of information management for CommVault. “Our integrated core platform solves the toughest problems involving storage growth and information retention. We believe the fact that CommVault is positioned as a challenger to long-standing industry leaders in the archive arena is a testament to the strength of our engineering expertise and proven ability to control storage costs, improve information governance and boost business agility.”
• “The Simpana archive module is enabling another great data reduction strategy for us, but it's also helping us improve overall information management so we can address data retention and information lifecycle issues more effectively,’ says Brian D’Souza, manager of UNIX infrastructure for CI Investments. "With CommVault technology, we also can ease the search and discovery of all Exchange data as part of a plan to reinforce compliance, audit and eDiscovery capabilities."
• “The 'self serve' search functionality is really appealing to our legal department since we've empowered them to perform their own searches and restores without IT involvement, which saves us several hours at a time,” says Matt Piccirilli, system administrator for Columbia College Chicago. “With the Simpana Search module, we've been able to streamline both access and discovery of electronically stored information while improving productivity and reducing risk."
• “We're expecting a 50 percent increase in eDiscovery requirements next year and each new case has slight twists and subtle differences in what we're requested to do,” says Craig Law, server architect for the California Employment Development Department. “With CommVault Archive and Search, we have the ability to address new use cases as they arise. While we're still looking at projected cost savings, I can see it actually happening based on the impressive results we've attained so far. As we incorporate trend history and other factors, we might find other opportunities to further reduce cost and risk.”
• “The Simpana Archive module will prove instrumental in helping us control file sizes and user disk space,” says John Fuge, senior network engineer for First National Bank. “We'll also be able to rely on CommVault's indexing and search capabilities to find and retrieve this older data as needed to support any legal discovery or compliance request.”
• CommVault® Simpana® 9 Software
• CommVault Simpana Data Archiving Software
• View a replay of the Simpana 9 Virtual Launch Event: http://bit.ly/9X9bvj
• Simon Taylor’s blog post, “CommVault Positioned as an Industry Challenger”: http://news.commvault.com/SimonTaylor/000061_CommVault_Posit...
• More CommVault news: http://news.commvault.com/
• Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds: http://news.commvault.com/rss-feeds.asp
• Chat with CommVault on Twitter: @CommVault
• Follow CommVault on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CommVault
Gartner “[Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving 2010]” by [Sheila Childs and Ken Chin], October 29 2010.
About the Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2010 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbour Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbour provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2010 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, SnapProtect and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
+ 44 (0)77 3322 4654
+ 44 (0) 1189 516525
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Maillot Jaune Communications in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.