The UK’s leading children’s activity franchise: The Creation Station, has today announced it will be inspiring families by providing activities at Chessington World of Adventures Resort during a week of African Adventures from 19th – 27th February. Amongst the wilds of Chessington’s Zoo, SEA LIFE centre and safari hotel, adventurers can immerse themselves in African culture with face mask painting, amazing African animals, clay bead jewellery making and African collage design.
“We are ‘wildly’ excited to have been selected to run the activities at Chessington World of Adventures Resort during the spring half term holiday!” confirms Sarah Cressall, founder of The Creation Station. “Between 10am – 3pm every day, we will be taking families on an exciting journey of discovery, using arts and crafts to explore African culture, to engage children at their own pace and developmental stage to create their own amazing artwork.
“We will be helping children make recycled beads based on those made by the Buutiti women beaders of Kampala in Uganda as well as clay beads to create body jewellery,” explains Cressall. “In addition, we will be providing templates to help children make painted African masks according to traditional style.
In conjunction with Chessington World of Adventures Resort, The Creation Station will also be running a prize draw for families who join the programme of drop in activities to win a day pass for a family of four.
Chief Explorer at Chessington David Smith said: “We’re really excited to be holding our African Adventures week for the first time and with our Wanyama Village & Reserve full of African animals and a safari hotel plus The Creation Station on-hand to deliver some inspirational activities, this is sure to be an action packed week for all the family.”
The Creation Station is a family-friendly, franchise on a mission to inspire children’s imaginations providing part-time franchise opportunities for those who want to achieve a flexible and rewarding work life balance, delivering The Creation Station experience through Art and Craft Classes, Birthday Party and Event Entertainment. The Creation Station works with over 30 mums across the UK whose franchises fit perfectly around their family commitments.
For further information about The Creation Station visit: www.thecreationstation.co.uk
Notes to Editor
The Creation Station is the UK’s leading Children’s Activity Franchise. Set up in 2002, The Creation Station is an affiliate member of the British Franchise Association and its franchises run regular creativity sessions in their local community, inspiring the imagination of children and parents across the country. www.thecreationstation.co.uk
For further information / high resolution images contact:
Grapevine PR Ltd
Chessington World of Adventures Resort:
• Chessington World of Adventures Resort is open from 26 March to 1 November 2011, with Chessington Zoo and SEA LIFE Centre also open at weekends during January February, March, November and December for Zoo Days and there will be special Winter Zoo Days from 10 December 2011 – 1 January 2012 (excluding 25 December). visit www.chessington.com for further information.
• Discover the perfect family get away at the safari-themed Holiday Inn Chessington, where you can enjoy themed rooms, an indoor swimming pool & spa and a fantastic family restaurant all just strides away from the park for more information visit www.chessington.com
• Chessington World of Adventures Resort is part of The MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS GROUP, the leading name in location based, family entertainment, which has seen the most successful and dynamic growth of any company in the sector over the last five years. Europe’s number one, and the world’s second largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin has 62 attractions and 6 hotels in 12 countries, across 3 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its 38.5 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and more than 14,000 employees. Merlin Entertainments operates the following attractions – SEA LIFE – the world’s No 1 aquarium brand, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, The Merlin Entertainments London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures Resort, Heide Park, Underwater Adventures, and Earth Explorer.
• Family ticket (2 adults and 2 children under 12) only £76.80 when booking in advance on the web. (On-the-Gate-Rate is £85 for a Family ticket.) Family tickets for other family group sizes are also available – check regularly online for sensational offers!
• Advance booking rates: £27.60 adults, £20.40 children (under 12). On-the-Gate-Rates: £37.20 adults, £27 children (under 12). Special rates apply on Zoo Days.
• Groups of ten or more can enjoy discounted rates: Pre Book and pay £24.60 per person (12 and over) and only £13.50 for under 12s. This is a saving of 40% on the gate price and is available here www.groupfundays.co.uk/fun.
• A Merlin Annual Pass gives you 12 months unlimited entry to top UK attractions including Alton Towers Resort, LEGOLAND® Windsor, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures Resort, Madame Tussauds, The London Eye, Warwick Castle, SEA LIFE and the Dungeons. Passes cost just £129.60 online for an individual or £345.60 for a family of four*. For more information visit www.annual-pass.com or why not enjoy a year full of adventures with a Chessington Annual Pass? Visit www.chessington.com for more information.
• Height restrictions may apply on certain rides.
• Express passes and special offers are available online when booking in advance on www.chessington.com
• Follow us on Twitter; www.twitter.com/cwoa or become a fan on Facebook; www.facebook.com/chessington and watch our latest videos on YouTube www.youtube.com/wwwchessingtoncom
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Grapevine PR in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.