Wood & Douglas presents the golf round of the future
Step onto the golf course of the future: no slow play and every hit of the ball is fed live to screens for those in the in the club house to watch as a round develops.
The Wood & Douglas Course Management Unit (CMU) uses radio communications, GPS tracking, web based reporting and digital screens to track and monitor players on the course.
Golfers using Wood & Douglas’s CMU carry a small wireless token, no larger than a key fob, providing location updates of players, buggies or staff on the course. The CMU can track course movements and provide an individual golfer with full statistics for their round. The information on play is beamed live from the course to the web, displaying the data on any Internet connected screen.
Alan Wood, Managing Director, Wood & Douglas said; “By bringing together the latest monitoring and reporting technology we can end the frustrations that dog a golfer’s round. The Golf CMU puts an end to hold ups on the course, and can help players improve their game.”
For golfers, the CMU:
• addresses issues arising from slow play and course congestion
• allows you to plan your visit to the course when occupancy is low
• reduces delayed starts and enables Shotgun start alerts
• accurate real time ‘longest drive’ & ‘nearest the pin’ measurements
• provides relevant real time weather reports
• supplies information for new or guest players who are unfamiliar with a course
For the pro shop, the CMU:
• tracks individual golfer play time allowing management to plan course occupancy, buggy use and timely provision of meals for players
• supports certificated longest drive and nearest the pin presentations
• addresses rules infringements and improves marshalling
• helps avoid weather frustrations
• highlights maintenance issues
“On a daily basis, the CMU can help smooth the process of club play. It provides potential to enhance a club’s reputation; can reduce costs through greater efficiencies and create new revenue streams from the digitally delivered features,” says Wood.
The CMU operates across a choice of two platforms, an introductory system configured with mobile (GSM) and location (GPS) technology for individual competitions and a low volume of users. For lower cost, regular use installations, the GSM technology is replaced by a system based on shortwave radio networks.
Wood & Douglas provides the course survey and unobtrusively installs the necessary radio base station into the course. Once installed, data from a course is processed via Wood & Douglas servers to provide enhanced display to club management and members.
Note for editors:
CMU screen shots available on request (all 300 dpi jpegs).
About Wood & Douglas
Wood & Douglas is widely regarded as the leading UK designer and manufacturer of high quality customised wireless products and services. The company was founded in 1977 and rapidly expanded to create wireless based solutions for voice, data and video applications that deliver a high level of quality and reliability to industrial, commercial, municipal, national and global organisations.
For further information visit: www.woodanddouglas.co.uk
XL Communications Ltd
Tel: 077 3322 4654
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of XL Communications in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.