Ever wanted to donate to charity but feel like you can’t afford to be charitable and enjoy life’s other personal luxuries? Well holidaylettings.co.uk has the perfect solution: Bid4holidays enables you to have a holiday and help change lives.
Bid4holidays launches on 31 May at 9pm. An ebay style online auction, you’ll be able to bid for a week’s stay at one of more than 180 holiday homes and all the proceeds will go to charity. Every day during June a stay in up to six homes will be auctioned off. All homes in the auction are advertised on Holiday Lettings and the weeks have been kindly donated by the home owners. Auctions will run for 24 hours, starting and finishing at 9pm. All funds will be split equally between Cancer Research UK and Helen & Douglas House, the company’s two charities of choice.
The auction demonstrates Holiday Lettings’ dedication to its charities of choice with the target for the initiative an incredible £100,000. An ambitious but also highly achievable goal says Kate-Stinchcombe-Gillies, spokesperson for holidaylettings.co.uk: “This is a terribly exciting initiative. Cancer Research UK and Helen & Douglas House are fantastic charities to work with and we are thrilled to have found a way that our every day offering can be used to raise significant funds for their causes.
“The principle behind Bid4holidays is very simple but packs a punch; by bidding for the holiday you want, you could help change someone’s life. Our advertisers have been incredibly generous offering their homes for the cause and we simply hope that people will get behind this campaign while securing a wonderful holiday at the same time.”
Claire Rowney, head of corporate partnerships for Cancer Research UK, said: “We're delighted that Holiday Lettings has launched the Bid4holidays auction to raise money for Cancer Research UK. Sadly more than one in three of us will develop cancer at some point in our lives and Cancer Research UK’s work is critical to ensuring more people beat the disease. Survival rates have doubled in the past forty years and our doctors, scientists and nurses have been at the heart of this progress. We thank Holiday Lettings for helping us to continue our life-saving research and supporting our fight to beat cancer.”
Vanessa Fay, corporate fundraising manager for Helen & Douglas House, said: “This is a wonderful idea and we can’t thank Holiday Lettings and their advertisers enough for their support. When people take part in the auction they will not only have the chance to bid for a stay at a fabulous holiday home, they will be helping us give young people with life-shortening conditions the opportunity to live their life to the full.”
The auction starts on 31 May. In the meantime, people can sign up for alerts to receive a nudge when the auction launches and to hear each morning what’s up for auction that day.
Get ready to start bidding and change a life with your next holiday!
For more information, comment or images, please contact:
Lanisha Butterfield, Holiday Lettings Ltd.
email@example.com / 01865 312059
Keep up with the latest auctions here: http://bid4.holidaylettings.co.uk
Holiday Lettings™ is the consumers’ favourite holiday home website; the UK’s busiest site of its kind. The website lists 46,000+ privately owned holiday homes in 116 countries around the world and accommodation is booked directly with the owner or manager of the home.
Search 46,000+ privately owned holiday homes in 116 countries around the world.
Choose from: spacious villas, resort apartments, sprawling gites and farmhouses, cosy romantic retreats, cottages, barn and chapel conversions, city shopping breaks, rural getaways or beach breaks - there’s a home for every holiday.
Escape on: a short haul hop to Spain, Portugal, France or Cyprus or head further afield to the US, South Africa, Australia and Thailand. Renting a holiday home is frequently up to 50 per cent cheaper than booking a mono hotel room – what are you waiting for... www.holidaylettings.co.uk
About Helen & Douglas House
• Helen & Douglas House has the time and expertise to care for children and young adults with life-shortening conditions and support their families. The two hospice houses offer specialist symptom and pain management, medically-supported short breaks and end-of-life care, as well as counselling and practical support for the whole family.
• Helen House was the world’s first children’s hospice, built in 1982. Douglas House opened in 2004 as the world’s first hospice specifically for young adults aged 16 to 35.
• We have to raise over 80% of the £4.5 million we need to run the two hospice houses, via voluntary donations. This means we are almost entirely reliant on the goodwill of individuals, groups, schools, colleges and businesses within our catchment area.
• Based in Oxford, we care for over 300 young people from Berkshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Gloucestershire, Hertfordshire, Northants, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire and parts of London. We are also supporting over 60 bereaved families currently.
• We have retail shops across our region, giving us a presence in many town centres. The well designed and merchandised shops raise awareness of the service provided, as well as vital funds for the charity.
• Please note the correct use of our name in full. Helen & Douglas House – with an ampersand not ‘and’
• Follow Helen & Douglas House on Facebook and Twitter
About Cancer Research UK
• Cancer Research UK is the world's leading charity dedicated to saving lives through research. Their ground breaking work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped survival rates double in the last 40 years.
• But more than one in three of us will still get cancer at some point in our lives. Their research, entirely funded by the public, is critical to ensuring more people beat it.
• Cancer Research UK has saved millions of lives already. But they rely on your support to achieve their vision of beating cancer. Half of the money raised through Bid4holidays will be donated to Cancer Research UK to make sure it is able to continue with its vital, life-saving work.
• Follow Cancer Research UK on Facebook and Twitter
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Holiday Lettings in the following categories: Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Travel, Media & Marketing, Retail & Fashion, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.