Munich – 28 June, 2011. hybris, a leading multi-channel commerce software vendor, has today announced the launch of its new Multi-Channel Consulting ([y]MC2) business. The new service is focused on providing strategic business-focused advice to both B2C and B2B organisations and helping them drive maximum business benefits from their multi-channel initiatives. Multi-channel programmes require a very broad but specialised skill-set, and with the current rate of change in the industry it is crucial to include up-to-date knowledge of best-practice and market developments in order to establish or maintain a competitive advantage. hybris [y]MC2’s highly skilled consultants assist leading brands, manufacturers and retailers to deliver the multiple facets of a multi-channel programme, maximising the value it delivers by providing pragmatic advice and planning, effectively balancing function, time to market and expected return on investment.
Ariel Lüdi, CEO of hybris, said, “Today’s society is undergoing rapid change - internet access is everywhere and mobile internet access is becoming common place. Consumer behaviour has changed dramatically - consumers access information how and when they want to and when they have found the right information and the right product, they want to buy it - there and then.” He continued, “Conversion of a consumer into a customer is no longer a game that plays in a single channel, but across multiple channels and while the business value of a multi-channel approach can be ‘enormous’, implementing and executing it is not without its challenges. It’s still relatively new and affects the entire organisation; stores, online, head-office, fulfilment, people, process and technology. And as multi-channel ‘specialists’ are now suddenly everywhere, it is not easy to find the right way go about this.”
hybris [y]MC2 has split its service lines in five clear stages, so it is easy for organisations to identify which services apply at which stage of the continuous multi-channel cycle:
1. Envision - Regardless whether an organisation is in the process of establishing itself as a multi-channel retailer or it already has a well-developed offer, there is always a need to evolve further. hybris [y]MC2 helps to inspire executive teams with the latest developments in multi-channel retail - from widely accepted best-practice examples to industry leading initiatives. [y]MC2 provides new ideas and concepts and works with organisations to see how they could apply to their businesses.
2. Evaluate - Once the multi-channel seed has been planted, it is necessary to evaluate what the current state of affairs is with regards to multi-channel before the programme can move towards the planning stage. This phase focuses on assessing to what extent the current business can support any multi-channel initiatives, not only from a technical perspective but also from a process and people angle.
3. Approach - With a clear analysis in place that outlines how the business is supported by IT and vice versa, the focus for an organisation is then on the approach; how will the business move from its current state to the new or improved multi-channel state? At this stage a multi-channel strategy may need to be developed to outline the desired business goals. Once a strategy is in place, a roadmap that outlines programmes and projects across business and technology should be created to provide a clear path to completion.
4. Implement - Implementation of multi-channel programmes is complex, requiring close monitoring and clear governance. The complexity of these programmes can take many organisations by surprise and lead to significant delays, failure to meet business expectations and serious quality issues post go-live. hybris [y]MC2 helps to establish a clear governance structure and provides ongoing support at steering group or the executive board level to co-ordinate the multiple work streams and avoid typical and often very expensive multi-channel project surprises.
5. Execute - A successful multi-channel operation will continue to evolve following the initial implementation and requires a team that can manage, support and develop the offering. hybris [y]MC2 helps to plan the required infrastructure (people, processes and technology) in order to exploit the solution as effectively as possible and will advise on where the operation should focus its attention next in order for retailers to get the greatest ROI.
Kees de Vos, VP hybris Business Consulting, explained, "We can help customers throughout the multi-channel lifecycle, but we like to keep our engagements pragmatic and deliver high impact results. Some of our key offerings have been distilled down to single or several day engagements, giving our customers a low entry level, whilst still delivering great value. All our engagements are based on the same core trades: industry best practice, our experience of designing, implementing and running large multi-channel systems, our deep understanding of both multi-channel IT and business impact, and finally solid programme planning and governance. This mixture of skills is hard to find in this relatively young industry and we are keen to enable our clients to make the most of the opportunities out there."
hybris Multi-channel Consulting services are available immediately, for further details please contact Kees de Vos via email firstname.lastname@example.org. or by phone +44 7968 080086.
hybris is a leading vendor of next generation agile multi-channel commerce software. Its clear vision about the need for consistency, coordination and personalization of information across all channels and throughout all phases of the customer lifecycle has resulted in the development of an integrated, agile solution which supports the industrialization and automation of operational marketing and sales processes. It is spearheading innovation in this field, enabling businesses to communicate and sell across all channels in a consistent and effective way.
Established in 1997, hybris has a proven track record of profitability and growth, with ambitious expansion plans for the future. Headquartered in Munich, it has offices in the U.S., UK, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, France, Italy and Sweden. Its international presence is extended via a dedicated network of business and technology partners across Europe and the U.S. It has over 240 customers worldwide running more than 2,000 websites "powered by hybris". Customers are global brands from retail and manufacturing industries, including: Adidas, Levi´s, Lufthansa, Nespresso, Toys´R´Us, Coca Cola Beverages, Ericsson, Rexel, Bobcat and Kaiser+Kraft.
For further information please contact:
Julie Kirby or James Cooper
Tel: +44 (0) 7956 955625
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Ascendant Communications in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.