06 July 2011
PLANET HOLIDAYS NEW TV PROGRAMME AIRS 06 JULY ON RHODES
1 hour programme dedicated to stunning wedding & honeymoon venues
PLANET HOLIDAYS (0871 871 0405 www.planetweddings.co.uk) continue their successful wedding TV series with a new one hour show dedicated to weddings in Rhodes airing on Wedding TV and online at www.weddingtv.com from 06 July 2011.
Anyone thinking of getting married on the island of Rhodes, which boasts that it has 300 days of sunshine of year, should make sure they tune in for an insider view of the most romantic venues for tying the knot.
The programme showcases some of the best four and five star hotel venues featured by Planet Holidays. Many are new for this year, including one with its own river running through it, plus two unusual venues – the Filerimos Monastery and Kalithea Spa, as well as a traditional Greek taverna.
Planet Holidays Rhodes wedding cost on average just £750 for a simple wedding package and licence. Weddings can be organised within three months of booking, unlike the UK where venues often have to be booked years in advance.
Couples will be able to see footage from the following properties in Rhodes where civil wedding ceremonies can be performed:
• Aqua Grand Exclusive Deluxe Resort – a new 5 star beachfront hotel 1.5kms from Lindos that offers beach weddings and weddings in the gazebo overlooking the bay where the Guns of Navarone were filmed.
• White washed church of St Pauls and St George – a picture postcard location for a traditional church wedding in the pretty town of Lindos
• Rodos Palace Hotel – a 5 star hotel in Ixia, 4kms from Rhodes Town that has its own chapel for couples wanting a traditional church wedding or offers a variety of locations within the grounds for a civil ceremony.
• Filerimos Monastery & the Kalithea Spa – two unique and picturesque venues for couples looking for something a little bit different. The 15th century Monastery of Filerimos is located 10kms form Rhodes Town in a tranquil hillside location. Ceremonies are performed in the grounds.
The Spa features some impressive Italian style architecture from the 1920s and the legendary spa was famous in ancient times for its healing water that came from the rocks surrounding the Bay of Kallithea. The building also features an impressive 14 metre high dome.m
• Aldemar Paradise Royal – also in Kalithea this 5 star is a new wedding venue for this year where civil ceremonies can be performed overlooking the sea or by their pretty chapel in the grounds. This is a great choice for those looking for a family orientated hotel on an all-inclusive basis.
• Blue Sea Beach Resort – a 4 star hotel that is also great for families, located 2.5km outside of the lively resort of Faliraki on its own huge stretch of beach. This venue is new for the wedding programme this year and can also be booked on an all-inclusive basis or half board.
• La Marquise Luxury Resort Complex – another new venue, this 5 star hotel is located in a hillside scenic area of Kalithea and features a fantastic range of accommodation spread over 120,000 square metres, plus a lovely modern pool and a rooftop pool. Couples receive a complimentary bottle of French champagne to celebrate their big day.
• The Dolphin Taverna – this typical Greek taverna is ideal for couples that want a more authentic Greek experience. It’s located in Lindos that is increasingly becoming the popular choice of location for weddings.
• Lindian Village – this stunning luxury 5 star property offers idyllic surroundings on the beautiful beach of Lardos on the south-eastern tip of Rhodes and uniquely has a river running through the grounds with an island where couples can tie the knot.
As well as a tour around these locations the programme also features a couple giving their reasons for choosing Rhodes as the place to get married. They said the island offers amazing value for the standard of accommodation, with views to live for and an amazing turquoise sea, reminiscent of the Caribbean – but much closer!
After a recce to the island to see what was available they chose the Aqua Grand for their wedding later this summer for its fabulous location and sea front private pool area.
Mathilde Robert, managing director of Planet Holidays said: “Couples love Rhodes for exactly the reason the couple featured in the programme suggest – it has a stunning turquoise sea – that makes an excellent backdrop to any wedding photos, plus the standard of venues is very high for the price.
“Planet Holidays takes great pride in taking care of all the arrangements for the couple from the translation of the paperwork to liaising with the wedding venue, from organising the flowers to choosing the food and wine. Personal service and attention to detail is what really counts. Couples can rely on us to get their big day right from start to finish.”
For personal advice on weddings and prices contact Planet Holidays’ wedding assistants on 0871 871 0405 or visit www.planetweddings.co.uk
ENDS: Media enquiries or images please contact to Marlen Taffarello on 01780 481 689 / 07789 533791 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to the editor:
Upmarket wedding operator Planet Holidays offers weddings in Greece (Rhodes, Crete, Santorini, Corfu, Skiathos, Halkidiki, Zante and Kefalonia), Cyprus, Gozo, Dubrovnik (Croatia),The Algarve and Antigua. Couples will find a great selection of wedding venues at their finger tips in all of these destinations, ideal for tying the knot or renewing vows; as well as the introduction of venues for same-sex blessings.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Planet Holidays in the following categories: Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.