London – 6 July, 2011. hybris, a global leader in multichannel commerce solutions, has today announced that Jemella Group, which trades under the iconic ‘ghd’ brand will be basing its extensive new multichannel platform on hybris solutions.
The core element of the hybris Multichannel Suite – hybris B2C Commerce, will underpin ghd’s requirement to build a central e-commerce solution that can support its fast growing international business.
Jemella Group launched the ghd brand in 2001, and within a year its hair styling products had attracted celebrity attention and a cult following. ghd reinvented the professional hairstyling tool market ten years ago with the launch of its ground breaking styler replacing flat irons, straighteners and curlers with a professional styling tool designed for salon use that could also be used easily by women at home. ghd has generated an exceptional following of loyal customers, many of whom purchase online. It is important however, for ghd, that it delivers an outstanding online experience, not least because it faces strong competition from counterfeit sites.
Jemella Group reviewed a range of platforms before selecting hybris B2C Commerce, which will be implemented by hybris partner, Tacit Knowledge.
Commenting, Stuart Spiegel, Chief Digital Officer at ghd, said: “We were looking for a world-class commerce solution to underpin our expansion plans which is why we have selected hybris. The hybris B2C Commerce platform can manage the variety of our requirements and provide us with a solution that will support us as we grow.”
Within the hybris Multichannel Suite, hybris B2C Commerce enables businesses to optimise every interaction with their customers on a global scale and integrates order processes from different channels.
Speaking about the new contract, Ariel Lüdi, CEO of hybris, said: “ghd is a fantastic, recognised brand which will benefit hugely from co-ordinating its high street, online and multichannel activities to satisfy its customers’ needs, regardless of how, where, or when they want to purchase. With our help, the brand will have a platform from which to expand and support its continued growth.”
Notes to Editors:
• ghd is always written in lower case and stands for “good hair day”.
• ghd is an iconic British, professionally endorsed hair styling brand, available only through exclusive premier salons, ghdhair.com and a few select retailers.
• ghd reinvented the professional hairstyling tool market ten years ago with the launch of its ground breaking styler replacing flat irons, straighteners and curlers with a professional styling tool designed for salon use that could also be used easily by women at home.
• ghd recently launched their new Gold Series range of stylers in 3 sizes.
• 2011 sees ghd celebrating its 10th year of transforming the way women style their hair around the world.
• ghd was awarded Best Hair Styler for the 8th year running at the InStyle Beauty Awards on February 1st 2011
• Heralded as the ‘Aston Martin of Haircare’, ghd was named best styling tool at the 2010 Sunday Times Style Beauty Awards, as voted by their readers
• The official ghd website is ghdhair.com
hybris is a global leader in multichannel commerce software. Its clear vision about the need for consistency, co-ordination and personalisation of information across all channels and throughout all phases of the customer lifecycle has resulted in the development of an integrated, agile solution which supports the industrialisation and automation of operational marketing and sales processes. It is spearheading innovation in this field, enabling businesses to communicate and sell across all channels in a consistent and effective way.
Established in 1997, hybris has a proven track record of profitability and growth, with ambitious expansion plans for the future. Headquartered in Munich, it has offices in the U.S., UK, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, France and Sweden. Its international presence is extended via a dedicated network of business and technology partners across Europe and the USA. It has over 240 customers worldwide running more than 2,000 websites "powered by hybris". Customers are local and global brands from retail and manufacturing industries, including: Adidas, Levi´s, Lufthansa, Nespresso, Toys´R´Us, Coca Cola Beverages, Ericsson, Rexel, Bobcat and Kaiser+Kraft.
For further information please contact:
Julie Kirby or James Cooper
Tel: +44 (0) 7956 955625
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Ascendant Communications in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.