raised floor space is forecast to increase by 28% on average
Tariff Consultancy Ltd (TCL) finds that Data Centre revenue in 23 European countries is forecast to rise by 53% over the 5 year period to the end of 2016, with findings to be published in its new report called Data Centre Pricing in Europe 2011.
The new report provides a bottom up analysis of 23 of the key Data Centre country markets across Europe with details of key Data Centre players, raised floor space, rack space rental, revenue per square metre and Data Centre revenues being analysed.
From the Data Centre Pricing in Europe 2011 report TCL finds the following main trends impacting the European Data Centre which includes:
• New Data Centre raised floor space is being added at a rate of 15,000 square metres per month across the 23 country survey
• Data Centre utilisation rates are set to fluctuate - with new space introduction lowering average rates in the short term but is set to increase over time
• Data Centre pricing is now increasingly based on power - which is still being bundled with rack space, with different pricing models being pursued, such as metered power
• Data Centre pricing is also increasing over time - with a 16% increase in average rack space pricing over the 5 year period to the end of 2016, and revenue per square metre set to increase by 22% over the same period
• In selected markets the Data Centre market is segmenting into different uses - with City-based facilities specialising in high density applications and wholesale providers specialising in large-scale applications
• The expansion in Data Centre markets remains focussed on the established markets - in the UK, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden and Switzerland. But developing Data Centre markets – such as Hungary, Slovakia and Slovenia – see faster overall revenue and pricing growth but from a low base.
• Over the 5 year period to the end of 2016 Data Centre " raised floor space is forecast to increase by 28% on average "
• Standard 19” rack space pricing is forecast to increase by 16% on average over the same period
• And Data Centre revenues per square metre is forecast to increase by 22% on average over the same period
“The Data Centre market throughout Europe is undergoing steady and continuous growth,” says Margrit Sessions, Managing Director of TCL. “The UK, Germany and France remain the largest markets in Europe, with Data Centres being expanded to cater for new high density applications with increased power. Pricing is a key component for the Data Centre operator to differentiate and to attract new customers. In the short term, Data Centres established outside of the city centre have to discount their services when compared with the Data Centre located in the Data Centre.”
Notes to the Editor:
For more information contact: +44208 993 6861 or +44 777 625 4827
The Data Centre in Europe 2011 report is also available with the TCL Emerging Market Data Centre Pricing Report – 2011 to 2016 covering additional selected Data Centre markets in Central & Eastern Europe for a specially discounted combined rate of GBP 2,795 for a single user licence of both reports.
About the TCL Data Centre Pricing in Europe 2011 report: Consists of a survey of Data Centres in 23 European countries. The countries include Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK. For each country, TCL identifies the key Data Centre providers, the amount of raised floor space, the price bundles of power & space, rack space pricing, revenue per square metre and Data Centre revenues. TCL also provides a 5 year forecast for each country for raised floor space, rack space pricing, revenue per square metre and overall Data Centre revenues.
About Tariff Consultancy Ltd: TCL is a international telecoms pricing consultancy based in London which provides consultancy services and publishes a range of reports, subscription services and Price Trackers for mobile, fixed line and Data Centre services in Europe and around the world.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Tariff Consultancy Ltd in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.