This summer marks five years since Marks & Spencer became the first high street retailer to launch its own collection of feminine and pretty post-surgery lingerie.
The range was developed in response to a customer letter sent to Stuart Rose, then CEO of M&S, which outlined the challenge of finding pretty, affordable lingerie suitable for wear post-surgery. Stuart Rose took action by challenging the Lingerie Department to develop a range tailored to meet these needs, and so M&S launched its groundbreaking collection in 2006.
To celebrate the anniversary of the launch M&S has published a guide to Post-Surgery Bras, created in conjunction with Breakthrough Breast Cancer, on its website. The downloadable PDF offers suggestions as to which styles of bras may be most suitable for women after surgery, explains why the right bra is so important and highlights the different components of post-surgery bras. The guide can be downloaded from the ‘lingerie features’ area of www.marksandspencer.co.uk.
In addition to the guide, April saw the high street favourite raise further funds for Breakthrough Breast Cancer, as it launched its 2011 collection for Fashion Targets Breast Cancer. The range focuses on versatile, on-trend monochrome pieces and 30% of sales will be donated to the charity.
M&S is dedicated to supporting women affected by breast cancer, offering an extensive range of post-surgery lingerie, which is updated each season. The retailer raises over £2 million for Breakthrough Breast Cancer each year via donations on a wide range of products in October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, employee fundraising, Christmas card sales and a Change 4 Change scheme, which converts foreign and outdated currency into funds for Breakthrough.
For further information or images, please contact:
Sophie Coley - 01273 760969 or Sophie@propellernet.co.uk
Stella Bayles - 01273 760962 or Stella@propellernet.co.uk
Or visit www.marksandspencer.com/Lingerie-Underwear-Womens/b/43233030
Notes to Editors-
The entire post-surgery range is available to buy online at www.marksandspencer.com. Customers who do not live close to a store stocking the range can buy online and visit their nearest store with a lingerie department for fitting
- Marks & Spencer is the UK’s number one lingerie retailer selling 1 in every 3 bras bought.
- A bra fitting service is available in all stores and all bra fitters undertake a thorough and extensive training programme. Additional training has been given to fitters for the post-surgery range and every store with a lingerie department has at least one fitter who can fit women for post-surgery lingerie
- Breakthrough Breast Cancer is the UK’s leading charity committed to fighting breast cancer through research, campaigning and education. In 1999, it established the UK's first dedicated breast cancer research centre, in partnership with The Institute of Cancer Research. Breakthrough campaigns for policies that support breast cancer research and a pioneering approach to breast cancer services in the UK
- Over 41,000 women in the UK are diagnosed every year with breast cancer. Of those, around 13,000 will die of the disease
- Marks & Spencer and Breakthrough Breast Cancer were together awarded The Business in the Community Cause Related Business Award 2006 as the National Example of Excellence, fighting off stiff competition from Tesco, Boots and Sainsbury's. Business in the Community recognises those companies which demonstrate a high standard of excellence in the way they organise and integrate their responsible business practices, and can show a positive impact both on society and on the business
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Propellernet in the following categories: Health, Women's Interest & Beauty, Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.