· Centrix WorkSpace™ 5.1 provides new features for managing diversity within end-user computing environments
· Includes new reporting capabilities for monitoring service delivery in a Windows, cloud and virtual landscape
Newbury, UK – 26th July 2011 - Centrix Software, a provider of unified end-user computing solutions that optimise the way IT infrastructures deliver applications, services and content, today announced the release of Centrix WorkSpace 5.1. The new release brings to market a host of new analytics, reporting and service delivery features for organisations managing diverse service portfolios, applications and desktop environments.
Centrix WorkSpace provides enterprises with the solutions to track and manage application and service demand across their business, as well as demonstrate where IT resources are under or over-utilised. Centrix WorkSpace 5.1 builds on the powerful analytics, reporting and management capabilities of Centrix WorkSpace iQ™ and Centrix WorkSpace Universal™, part of the Centrix WorkSpace Suite.
Centrix WorkSpace iQ monitors and meters how applications, services and devices are used in end-user environments. New features include:
· Data capture and reporting on use of cloud/web applications - Visibility of the license consumption and liability for web/cloud applications regardless of browser choice.
· Microsoft App-V usage visibility - More easily and accurately determine which App-V sequenced applications are actually being used and by whom to support sequencing for updates.
· Microsoft Office audit report - More easily and accurately determine the opportunity for cost savings on Microsoft Office licensing by defining user requirements for application components.
· Rapid Scenario Assessment – Quickly and easily assess multiple different combinations of users and applications to guide virtualisation planning with powerful yet easy-to-use filtering controls.
WorkSpace Universal provides a platform to unify the delivery of services provisioned from legacy, virtualised or cloud-based platforms to users. New features include:
· Multi-site aggregation – Regardless of how globally distributed your existing application delivery infrastructure is, WorkSpace Universal can aggregate these resources and deliver the correct set to each and every user.
· Self-service password management on all identities - Allows users to reset passwords themselves without helpdesk intervention. Reduces helpdesk calls and therefore costs.
· User Self-Service Subscription to Applications - Simplifies deployment of the right applications to the right users.
“Enterprise organisations are making significant decisions about their application and desktop strategies against a backdrop of tight cost control, intense organisational pressure and users wanting to bring their own devices into the business,” said Lewis Gee, Vice President Worldwide Sales and Marketing for Centrix Software. “The growth of web applications and SaaS has also made budgeting for software spending more difficult. The new version of Centrix WorkSpace provides better understanding and control over the applications that users have access to, as well as offering greater visibility across the increasingly diverse end-user computing landscapes that enterprises will have in place going forward.”
With the latest version of Centrix WorkSpace, organisations can see what applications are being used irrespective of where those services are coming from, and provide them to users in one place with a coherent look and feel. Based on the management information that Centrix WorkSpace can provide, companies can use provisioning models such as virtualisation and SaaS to offer applications in line with their user needs, and identify where software and hardware can be removed or upgraded.
“As the user environment continues to fragment due to the growing use of hosted solutions, cloud and personal devices, central IT teams must establish the best strategies for maintaining service levels, managing infrastructure and meeting user needs. I expect to see more focus on creating user-centric services as we move away from infrastructure-led technology thinking. This will require deeper visibility and intelligence on the actual use of IT, to ensure that decisions made in this new ‘as-a-service’ and on-demand world are the right ones,” commented Roy Illsley, senior research analyst, Ovum.
About Centrix Software
Headquartered in Newbury, UK, Centrix Software provides award-winning unified end-user computing solutions that optimise the way IT infrastructures deliver applications and content provisioned from physical, virtual, web or hosted platforms. By enabling a user-centric approach to IT service delivery, Centrix Software helps its customers to be more agile, flexible and efficient in how they deliver client-side technology services. Centrix Software solutions have helped leading organisations in banking and securities, insurance, telecommunications, retail, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, energy and utilities, and the public sector. For more information please visit http://www.centrixsoftware.com or follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/centrixsoftware
Media contacts for Centrix Software
Tel: +44 (0) 1491 873 323
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of One Bite Communications in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.