The organisers of Britain’s Got Biking Talent with Carole Nash have unveiled the panel of celebrity bikers who will preside over the nation’s biggest and best biking contest.
The judges who will determine 40 of the 50 bikes shortlisted have been confirmed as:
• Charley Boorman – modern day motorcycling adventurer, travel writer, entertainer and co-star of the hit biking TV shows, Long Way Down and Long Way Round, plus his own By Any Means.
• Danny John-Jules – Actor best known for The Cat, the character he created for sci-fi sitcom Red Dwarf and biker known for his pink Yamaha R1 charity exploits and 7,000 mile Iron Butts challenge for Sports Relief.
• Jon Quantrell – Brilliant boss of Hawg Haven, internationally acclaimed and award-winning customisers, creators of such genius bikes as Psy-Bawg, Barnstormer and the Carole Nash Old Skool Bobber, built live at the 2008 International Motorcycle & Scooter Show (now Motorcycle Live).
• Marc Potter – has spent the past eight years in the editor’s chair/saddle of MotorCycle News, the world’s largest motorcycle newspaper and website.
These giants of the biking world will sit in judgement on the hundreds of entries to the contest and will select 40 of the 50 bikes making the shortlist. The last ten will be decided by visitors to Carole Nash’s Insidebikes Facebook page with those bikes receiving the most Likes going on to face the public vote in the final.
The 50 shortlisted motorcycles will be drawn from right across the biking spectrum as all kinds of bikes are welcome for entry. The 12 bikes receiving the most votes will then head to the NEC in November to appear on a special Britain’s Got Biking Talent stand at Motorcycle Live! the UK’s biggest bike show. That stand will host the grand finale when the ultimate winner will be announced and claim the top prize worth nearly £2,300 and comprising £1,000 in cash a Protect A Bike shed plus a nifty Envy motorcycle lift.
The second placed bike will see its owner walk off with a £599 limited edition five-draw Carl Fogarty rollcab toolbox whilst the third prize winner will positively strut off and in some style, courtesy of £250 of top biking wear, including a pair of stylish Midnight Blue Sartso jeans, a pair of Gerbing G3 heated gloves and a Moto One Baselayer top.
All twelve finalists will also enjoying having their bikes professionally photographed by top biking snapper, Adam Duckworth and feature in Carole Nash’s ever popular calendar which will be distributed to over 100,000 bikers.
Bikers may need to be in it to win it, but they don’t need to win it to be rewarded as every single entrant will be able to claim a free motorcycle magazine, choosing from top titles Bike, Classic Bike, Performance Bikes and RiDE.
Entries for the competition, which is now in its fifth year, close at midday on Wednesday August 17th. To enter bikers need simply upload a picture of their pride and joy to the competition’s website at www.britainsgotbikingtalent.co.uk.
1. Britain’s Got Biking Talent was launched in 2006 and winners and runners up have ranged from a Malaguti 50 refurbished by a group of Lincolnshire schoolchildren to a Norton NRS restored in a four year, £25,000 amateur project. Celebrity judges have included comic Ross Noble, Hairy Biker Si King, actor Charlie Boorman and motorcycle adventurer Nick Sanders.
2. Carole Nash was ranked as the UK’s 40th biggest UK insurance broker in August 2010 by Insurance Times magazine and employs over employs over 300 staff in the UK and Ireland. It provides insurance for some 300,000 classic, vintage, modern, custom and off road motorcycles – around 20 percent of all licensed machines. Its market-leading status has also been confirmed by the independent bikers’ survey, RiDER Power, which has found the company the Most Used Broker in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009. The company is also a leading player in the classic car sector with its portfolio also spanning modern car, van, military vehicle, travel and home insurance.
Issued on behalf of:
Carole Nash Insurance Consultants, Trafalgar House, Manchester Road, Altrincham, WA14 1NU
Contact: Dawn Holmes T: 0161 927 2426 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Carole Nash in the following categories: Men's Interest, Leisure & Hobbies, Motoring, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.