Splunk Announces Year-Over-Year Quarterly Revenue Growth of 70%
Adds Record Number New Customers and Expands Usage in Accounts
Appoints New Member to Splunk’s Board of Directors
MAIDENHEAD – 16th August, 2011 –Splunk®, Inc., the leading provider of operational intelligence software, today announced year-over-year quarterly growth of 70% for the quarter ending 31st July, 2011. Additionally, Splunk increased its customer base to over 2900 customers in over 70 countries worldwide.
“I am delighted to welcome 329 new customers to the Splunk family,” said Godfrey Sullivan, president and CEO of Splunk. “In addition, we are pleased to report the expanded use of our software to adjacent departments in over 100 of our existing customers. Often customers start using Splunk for one purpose, such as IT Operations Management, but quickly realise additional value in other areas such as application management, security, business analytics and web intelligence. The significant number of use case expansions demonstrates how our customers are recognising the power and versatility of our software.”
Splunk today announced the appointment of a new member to its Board of Directors, salesforce.com Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Graham Smith. He brings to this role over 20 years of finance experience in the software industry including prior appointments as CFO of Advent Software, CFO of Vitria Technology, CFO for Nuance Communications, and 11 years at Oracle in a variety of senior finance roles, lastly as vice president of finance for worldwide operations.
“I am delighted to be joining the Board of Splunk,” said Graham Smith. “Godfrey has assembled a world-class management team to execute on an amazing market opportunity and I am excited by the prospect of helping guide Splunk through its next phase of growth.”
Q2 FY 2011 Highlights:
• Added 329 new licensed customers for a total of over 2900 customers in over 70 countries
o UK: 18 new customers added during Q2 including SELEX Systems Integration Ltd and Amee UK Ltd.
o Europe: 90 new customers added including CartaSi in Italy, 02 Telefonica in Germany, Hypo Adria Bank in Croatia
o Americas: Intel, Wellmark, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Hess Corporation, TaylorMade-Adidas Golf
o Asia-Pacific: Samsung SDS in Korea, PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia, NBN Co in Australia, and 2 Degrees Mobile in New Zealand
o US Federal sector: the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the Department of Health and Human Services and the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR)
• Expanded customer usage in over 100 accounts (not including upgrades) including Commerzbank AG Germany, Telenor in Norway, Credit Suisse in Luxembourg, KVH and NTT Data in Japan, O’Reilly Media in the U.S. and the U.S. Department of Energy
• Added 31 new Splunkbase Apps – 166 total apps now uploaded and available on Splunkbase
• Jointly developed partner apps including: Splunk App for Sourcefire, Splunk App for Citrix Xen Desktop and extended the Splunk App for Citrix Netscaler w/Appflow
• Achieved 70% year-over-year Q2 revenue growth
• Hired first CFO, David Conte
• Opened office in Cupertino, California
• Received San Francisco Business Times’ 2011 Technology & Innovation Award for Fastest-Growing Company
• Granted U.S. Patent No. 7,937,344 for organising and understanding machine data through use of a "machine data web"
• Expanded into Latin America and hired Regional Operations Director
• Surpassed 375 employees, with eight offices worldwide
Upcoming UK Events:
• President and CEO, Godfrey Sullivan will be in the UK on 19th September to conduct one to one briefings with the UK press, discussing how Splunk is transforming IT and business.
• SplunkLive! London – the global Splunk seminar series returns to London on 20th September, featuring local customer speakers highlighting their use of the technology.
Splunk neither reaffirms its prior outlook or goals regarding revenues, new customers and new developers for fiscal 2012 nor does it provide any new outlook regarding anticipated future results
Splunk is a registered trademark of Splunk Inc.
Splunk is the leading provider of operational intelligence software used to monitor, report and analyse real-time machine data as well as terabytes of historical data—located on-premise or in the cloud. Almost half of the Fortune 100 and more than 2,900 enterprises, service providers and government organisations in more than 70 countries use Splunk to improve service levels, reduce IT operations costs, mitigate security risks, and drive new insights for IT and the business. For more information please visit www.splunk.com.
C8 Consulting Ltd
+44 (0)118 900 1134
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of C8 Consulting in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Men's Interest, Entertainment & Arts, Health, Leisure & Hobbies, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Environment & Nature, Sport, Consumer Technology, Motoring, Food & Drink, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Travel, Education & Human Resources, Medical & Pharmaceutical, Media & Marketing, Farming & Animals, Retail & Fashion, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, Manufacturing, Engineering & Energy, Computing & Telecoms, Transport & Logistics, Construction & Property, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.