making beautiful and old things available and affordable for the local community
Old-fashioned vintage and new-fangled art will take Caterham into a creative two-step as preparations are made for the first Caterham Vintage and Art Fair.
The magical delights of rummaging through a time-travelling dressing up box of 1920-1980s clothes and accessories will be brought to the historic and lovely Soper Hall.
The Caterham Vintage and Art Fair takes place in the heart of Caterham Valley on Saturday the 17th of September 2011 11am – 5pm and is a free community event for lovers of affordable vintage and art, and those who are just curious or love a rummage through vintage clothes, accessories and home-wares.
An exhibition of vintage-inspired art and a variety of quirky, original art works and crafts from Surrey and South London based artists will be on display.
Old-fashioned music hall style live entertainment will be provided as well as a vintage 'tea room', a tombola, raffle and guess the weight of the cakes.
Entrance is free and anyone from 5 days to 105 years is very welcome.
There will be 18 stalls of vintage, art, vintage-inspired art and crafts. Stall holders and exhibitors include:
* Leslie Wilson-Rutherford who makes quirky framed prints, appliqué hoops and collaged cushion covers
* DiDoesVintage lovingly handcrafts jewellery made from vintage treasures
* Little Toucan has a collection of wonderful vintage handcrafted bright and quirky intriguing items for your home
* Suzie Sharp has vintage home-wares and accessories
* KatyLou makes wonderfully pretty things using recycled fabrics and paper as well as using finds from her travels to create textile art, bunting and home-wares
* Trina Dalziel is a beautiful illustrator and surface designer with a sweet, funny and effortless style
* Stag & Bow are purveyors of craft, history and haberdashery.
Other stalls include vintage clothes and accessories, pottery, photography, paintings and bespoke handmade jewellery.
The RSPCA Charity Shop in Caterham have been given a free stall during the event.
Organiser Anita Collins commented; “I am very excited to be putting on an event for the people of Caterham, and making beautiful and old things available and affordable for the local community”.
For full details please visit:
About Mrs Antil's Apartment
Mrs Antil's Apartment presents The Caterham Vintage & Art Fair. Anita Collins is a South East London girl at heart and wanted to bring a love of old and creative things that developed in London to the place she now calls home, and her local community - Caterham.
All credit is due to a little flat in Brockley Cross occupied by Anita's Great Aunt Kit and regularly visited by Kit's friend Gladys, Aunt Maud, Nan Gearon and Mrs Antil - Aunt Kit's neighbour. Mrs Antil's Apartment encapsulates Anita's love of old things, vintage, romance, burlesque and ingenue style.
Mrs Antil’s Apartment
Tel: 07547 867 159
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Mrs Antil's Apartment in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Men's Interest, Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.