• New features in Centrix WorkSpace 5.1 enable organisations to analyse the impact of deploying virtual desktops and applications, develop IT-as-a-Service and manage use of Software-as-a-Service apps
• VMworld attendees can visit Centrix Software in the Innovator Pavilion (booth 171-F)
Newbury, UK – August 23rd, 2011 - Centrix Software, a provider of unified end-user computing solutions, today announced it will be demonstrating solutions that help organisations understand in detail the real usage of applications at this year’s VMworld event, to be held in Las Vegas on 29th August to 1st September 2011. Centrix WorkSpace provides vital information to help plan desktop transformation projects, such as desktop virtualisation. The company will also be demonstrating updated products that enable organisations to deliver user-centric applications, regardless of the underlying technology.
Located in the Innovator Pavilion at Booth 171-F, Centrix Software will demonstrate the latest version of its Centrix WorkSpace Suite, a range of business technology solutions that enable organisations to analyse, plan and deliver virtual environments and ensure they are optimised to meet user needs. It will also unveil new self-service features within WorkSpace 5.1 that allow organisations to manage the on-demand delivery of applications from virtual, cloud and physical application provisioning environments.
For organisations migrating to or expanding virtual environments, Centrix Software will be demonstrating solutions for:
• Virtualisation Planning – that help organisations determine the most cost effective approach to application and desktop virtualisation, the most viable candidates for virtualisation and the financial impact of implementing virtualisation.
• Virtualisation Implementation decision support – that gather the details of what operating system licences can be re-used, what applications should be available in a virtualised environment and who needs to access them; how to define application group templates for virtual desktops; the viability of devices as virtual desktop or application client machines; anticipated workload on virtualisation servers; who is using local printers, and many other details that help inform choices in virtualisation.
• Analysing virtualisation server usage and demand – providing reporting on the application inventory and usage demand on currently virtualised servers, as well as the use of any App-V packaged applications. This enables organisations to establish the appropriate licence entitlement, whether there are applications that can be removed from the servers and what the user load on virtual servers really is.
• Usage Reporting – that quickly identify which users consume which applications, how frequently and for how long. This provides intelligence for rationalising IT infrastructure and costs.
“Enterprise organisations are making significant decisions about their application and desktop strategies against a backdrop of tight cost control and intense organisational pressure,” said Lewis Gee, Vice President Worldwide Sales and Marketing for Centrix Software. “At VMworld this year we are showing organisations how they can gather the critical information and intelligence data they need to make the best technology decisions for their organisations, and ensure new technology investments and services deliver fast return and business value.”
About Centrix Software
Headquartered in Newbury, UK, Centrix Software provides award-winning unified end-user computing solutions that optimise the way IT infrastructures deliver applications and content provisioned from physical, virtual, web or hosted platforms. By enabling a user-centric approach to IT service delivery, Centrix Software helps its customers to be more agile, flexible and efficient in how they deliver client-side technology services. Centrix Software’s solutions have helped leading organisations in banking and securities, insurance, telecommunications, retail, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, energy and utilities, and the public sector. For more information please visit www.centrixsoftware.com or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/centrixsoftware
Kellie Collier/Katie Langley
Tel: +44 (0) 1491 873 323
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of One Bite Communications in the following categories: Business & Finance, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.