There’s an app for that: IP EXPO launches its MY VISIT app for Android, BlackBerry and iPhone users
London, UK – 21st September 2011 – IP EXPO, the UK’s largest enterprise IT event, today launched a mobile phone application to enhance its customer experience programme, MY VISIT. The application, which supports all major smart phone operating systems (including Android, BlackBerry and iPhone), is a practical tool and a social sharing platform all wrapped into one. Download the application today at www.ipexpo.co.uk/mobile.
IP EXPO is the only event in the UK where visitors can explore the entire technology stack, from virtualization to security, and see how technology works together. The impressive, free programme of seminars, hands-on labs and panel sessions boasts tech legends such as Steve Wozniak, Chief Scientist of Fusion-io and co-founder of Apple. Just a few of the major players who will be exhibiting at IP EXPO this year include the likes of Aruba, Brocade, Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, DataCore, Dell, EMC, Fusion-io, Google, HP, Huawei, Juniper, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, NetApp, Oracle, Quest Software, Shoretel, Symantec, VMware, and Vodafone.
The IP EXPO mobile phone application helps visitors plan their time at the event and helps speakers and exhibitors stay in touch with visitors and gather feedback. It includes features such as:
• a complete event guide including details on all 240+ seminar sessions
• a personalised scheduling facility
• maps of the exhibition floor and venue
• a built-in QR code reader
• sharing tools for users to share content including speaker profiles and links to their seminar sessions
• a “feedback” tool – app users can vote on their favourite seminar sessions
• a “MY VISIT” tool that enables users to bookmark and quickly access sessions, notes, exhibitors and other information
Neil Robertson-Ravo, Social Business and Online Manager at Imago Techmedia, the event organiser, said, “MY VISIT on the smart phone is a smart move. Our attendees need to make effective use of their time, and with the new application they can plan their day at IP EXPO weeks in advance, the moment they sit down on the train, or even in the spacious lounges at Earls Court—the choice is theirs. For those who decide to plan the bulk of their visit on the day, independent IT analysts and consultants will be available to help guide the experience to make the most of our delegates’ time and ensure each visit is a valuable one.”
Making the most of your visit: IP EXPO MY VISIT programme
IP EXPO’s mobile phone application is a natural extension part of a broader customer experience programme called “MY VISIT”.
MY VISIT is a visitor planning and advice programme to guide visitors in identifying the appropriate vendors and education seminars. Before the show, visitors can go online to create personalised agendas, make appointments with exhibitors and plan their event. The web planning tool then syncs completely with the mobile phone app for use at the show and in conjunction with other show features such as the event guide, information kiosks, digital signage and a MY VISIT Stand, which is managed by independent technology consultants.
Elements of MY VISIT include:
• IPEXPO event website – meeting planner and more
• IPEXPO mobile phone application, including the event guide plus the application’s additional functionality (launched today) – available for download at www.ipexpo.co.uk/mobile
• MY VISIT stand managed by independent technology consultants
• Visitor Kiosks – on-site information portals recreating the functionality of the mobile phone application
This year’s IP EXPO will take place at London’s Earls Court 2 on the 19th and 20th October. Register now for your free place at www.ipexpo.co.uk/Register.
# # #
Rose Ross, Omarketing (for Imago Techmedia)
US: +1 781 519 0275
UK: +44 (0)208 255 5225
Notes to editors:
The iPhone version of the application will also work on the iPod Touch and as a x2 application on the iPad.
About Imago Techmedia
Imago Techmedia is the UK’s leading independent technology event organiser. For the last 10 years, Imago Techmedia has brought expert knowledge, technology and communication specialists and business leaders together. Our events give exhibitors and visitors an innovative, compelling and cost-effective experience with practical and thought-provoking advice and information.
We excel in creating cutting-edge events, conferences and online forums that showcase new market solutions, generating real business benefits. Led by vendor and user community needs, we focus on topical and business-critical issues.
Today, Imago events such as Unified Communications Expo and IP EXPO continue to deliver attendees in their thousands.
For more information, please visit http://www.imagotechmedia.com/.
About IP EXPO
IP EXPO 2011, the UK’s only end-to-end infrastructure show, will take place 19th and 20th of October at London’s Earls Court 2. Directions are available here: http://www.ipexpo.co.uk/Visiting/When-Where-How
This year the first IP EXPO will take place in Johannesburg, South Africa on the 15th and 16th of November. Following in the wake of the original IP EXPO’s overwhelming success in the UK, IP EXPO Africa was launched to address the rising need for an interactive platform to do ICT business on the African continent.
Other locations will be announced later this year.
Get ahead of the game by visiting IP EXPO
Learn about latest industry developments from the experts, see emerging products from every area of IT infrastructure in action and hear from key figures at leading organisations who’ll share their knowledge with you.
Visit IP EXPO and you’ll learn about:
• IP Networks – optimising and future-proofing your infrastructure
• Virtualization – taking your strategy to the next level
• Wireless – improving performance, increasing productivity
• Storage – choosing a secure and reliable hosting solution
• Cloud – putting the most talked-about new technologies into practice
• Security – protecting business-critical information now and for the future
Who'll be there?
You’ll also benefit from networking opportunities and developing new business contacts. IP EXPO is attended by professionals and decision-makers at all levels of the IT industry, including:
• CIOs, Business Managers and Technical Directors
• Finance, Sales and Marketing Directors, line of business Managers
• Operational Managers, Finance Managers, Sales Managers, HR Managers
• IT Directors, IT and Network Managers, Communications and Security Managers
• Network architects and engineers; Compliance and Policy Managers
• Mobile Application Designers and Developers
• UI & HCI Designers
For more information:
• Visit http://www.ipexpo.co.uk
• Join the IP EXPO Online community, with a blog edited by award winning technology journalist, Jessica Twentyman http://online.ipexpo.co.uk/
• Follow IP EXPO on Twitter (@IPEXPO) or search for the official IP EXPO hashtag of #IPEXPO
• Get involved with key LinkedIn groups The Global IT Network (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=3847105&trk=anet_u...) and Unified Communications (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=47425&trk=hb_side_g)
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Omarketing Limited in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.