7TH October 2011 - Nintendo has revealed new details about the introductory storyline and gameplay in The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword, which will launch across Europe exclusively for Wii™ on 18th November 2011. The enhanced motion controls of the Wii Remote™ Plus (or Wii Remote controller with a Wii MotionPlus™ accessory) and Nunchuk™ controller allow for deeply immersive puzzle-solving challenges in this latest addition to the iconic Zelda franchise.
This new game – one of the biggest in the history of Nintendo software development – will also feature new story elements that lay the foundation for the events that occur in the rest of the series. This includes the creation of the Master Sword, an ancient and powerful weapon that has been a constant in the 25-year history of the Zelda series. The introductory storyline includes the following:
• Introduction: The new game's storyline begins in Skyloft, an island town suspended high in the sky, on the day before young Link™ is to compete in a major bird-flying competition. The winner of the contest will earn the honour of taking part in a special ceremony with Zelda™.
• Link and Zelda: Friends since childhood, Link and Zelda have always shared a special bond. Events in the new game will add even more depth to their relationship.
• Groose: Link's nemesis at school, Groose, plays a significant role in the early moments of the new game. This bully of a character not only threatens Link's chances to win the bird-flying competition, but he also reveals a jealous streak toward Link and Zelda's special bond.
• Fi: Early on in Link's new adventure, he encounters Fi, the spirit of the powerful Goddess Sword. Fi's guidance proves to be crucial as Link goes forth on a challenging quest that will ultimately result in the creation of the Master Sword.
• Zelda's father: Gaepora, Zelda's father, is the headmaster of Link's school. As such, he has knowledge of the history and legends of Skyloft.
Nintendo will continue to provide fans with select details and information about the game prior to its 18th November launch across Europe.
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword will be available as a limited edition bundle, featuring a copy of the game, a CD featuring selected orchestral arrangements from the The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Symphony performance and a rare gold-coloured Wii Remote Plus controller bearing the Hylian Crest. Pre-order* now to avoid disappointment and to secure your copy.
For more information and videos about The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword visit http://www.nintendo.co.uk/skywardsword
For more information about The Legend of Zelda™ visit http://www.thelegendofzelda.co.uk
For more information on The Legend of Zelda 25thAnniversary visit http://www.zelda25th.co.uk
Notes to Editors
*Stocks are limited and the limited edition bundle will mainly be available to fans who pre-order from xxxx[store]. It is possible that part of the stock will be available at retail following the pre-order period.
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword can be pre-ordered with or without a Wii Remote Plus, but players will need either a Wii Remote Plus, or Wii Remote™ and Wii MotionPlus™ accessory to play.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii™ home console, Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 3.7 billion video games and more than 600 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi™ XL, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance™, Super NES™, Nintendo® 64 and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of Europe, based in Grossostheim, Germany, was established in 1990 and serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in Europe. http://www.nintendo-europe.com/
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of MEC Global in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Men's Interest, Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.