22nd October marks an important day for thousands of people in the country as it is six months ‘til the London Marathon - and time to start training!
The countdown is on with just 183 days until the big race and, already, Google is reporting a huge spike in searches for ‘marathon training’: 5,400 people have made this search just this month alone.
Sales figures at Sportsshoes HQ have also shown an increase in people interested in preparing for the marathon. The Asics GT 2160 running shoes have been flying off the shelves as athletes race to get the correct sports kit to prevent any injuries when running.
Running gear specialist and MD of SportsShoes.com Brett Bannister says:
“The London Marathon is one of the most enduring races in the world. When people run, around three to four times their bodyweight is placed on the shoe at a time and that’s a lot of pressure over 26 miles! So it is paramount to get some really good running shoes with the right amount of support and cushioning to suit the level of pronation. Runners will also find their feet will heat up and swell when running long distances, so they should choose half a size up from their normal shoe size.”
He adds, “When choosing clothing it is important to look for moisture-wicking and breathable fabrics to ensure a comfortable run.”
Brett includes his top 5 essential kit items for marathon runners below:
1. For neutral runners, the cushioned Nike Zoom Vomero +6 running shoes are brilliant for high mileage usage and just £64.95. For more support try the Saucony Progrid Hurricane 12 shoes, a reasonable £69.95
2. The Nike Dri Fit range offers super breathable vests ideal for marathon runners. Made of a high performance, microfibre fabric it wicks sweat away from the body to keep runners cool and comfortable. Prices start from £12.95.
3. The Adidas Response Tight Running Shorts have a zip back pocket which is ideal for keeping essentials at hand throughout a race. The ‘climalite’ fabric also wicks sweat away from the skin. They are available for men and women from £17.95.
4. Thorlo Light Mini Crew Running Socks are made of 70% Coolmax fabric to keep your feet cooler and drier than ordinary socks. The light weight pads of these anklet socks make them more comfortable, reducing fatigue and minimising blisters. Available for men and women at SportsShoes.com at £9.99.
5. Music is an essential morale booster during the epic journey. Why not check out our Sportsshoes.com playlist on Sharemyplaylist.com which has a great variety of tempos to work through during practice runs.
- Ends -
Notes to editors:
For product images or Sportsshoes.com information please contact:
• Megan Hart on 01273 760 976 or Megan@propellernet.co.uk
• Sophie Coley on 01273 760 969 or Sophie@propellernet.co.uk
We want to make people happy; helping our customers live a healthier and more positive life through sport.
We've been selling sports gear for over 25 years and in that time we've picked up a fair bit of knowledge. So, our website should be of use whether you’re a beginner or a pro in your chosen field. Why not start by checking out the Sportsshoes.com video guide on 'Choosing Running Shoes' for help on selecting the correct type of shoe?
For more information on The London Marathon, visit virginlondonmarathon.com.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Propellernet in the following categories: Men's Interest, Health, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.