Perfect for that hard to buy for foodie or as a yuletide treat for your own kitchen, the brand new Filippo Berio (http://www.filippoberio.co.uk) Extra Virgin Olive Oil Special Edition tin makes the ideal gift this Christmas.
This special, limited edition 1L tin from Italian Olive Oil specialists Filippo Berio features one of Italy’s most iconic landmarks, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, which is located a short drive away from Lucca, Tuscany, the home of Filippo Berio.
Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil is rich and fruity and perfect on for salads, jacket potatoes, vegetables, pasta, meat and fish as well as being ideal for dipping, basting and marinating.
In 1867 when Filippo Berio first started producing fine olive oil, tins were used as packaging to protect the olive oil from sunlight and to preserve the oil’s fine flavour. Back then, Filippo Berio’s tins and their contents, won international acclaim and awards for quality and taste. To this day, Filippo Berio Olive Oil uses the same carefully selected procedure ensuring the olive oil tastes just as good as it did in 1867.
This unique, limited edition tin is available on supermarket shelves from mid October, RRP £6.49 and enjoy a price promotion at Sainsbury’s from 24th Nov – 3rd Jan where the tin is on offer at £4.49
Italian Christmas Recipes
Christmas isn’t just about gifts, it’s also about wholesome, tasty foods. These unique recipes from Filippo Berio will bring a touch of Italian festive flavour to your Christmas period; and when you buy 500ml bottles of Filippo Berio Olive Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil you’ll receive different recipes on-pack to keep and use year after year.
Crunchy Roast Potatoes with Garlic
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR
You’ll need: 900g Potatoes – Peeled, 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil and 6-8 garlic cloves – unpeeled
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6 and put a large roasting tin in the oven to heat.
2. Cut the potatoes into large, even chunks. Boil in salted water for 5 minutes. Drain, return to the pan, cover with the lid and shake the pan to roughen up the edges of the potatoes. Set aside.
3. Add the oil to the roasting tin and return to the oven for 2 minutes. Tip the potatoes into the hot oil, then turn to coat in oil. Roast for 30 minutes. Turn over the potatoes, add the garlic cloves and roast for a further 25-30 minutes or until crisp and golden.
4. Serve immediately.
Italian Chestnut Stuffing
SERVES 8-10 OR IDEAL FOR A 4.5kg TURKEY
You’ll need: 1 bulb fennel - trimmed and finely chopped, 4 shallots - finely chopped, 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2-4 cloves garlic - finely chopped, 400g sausages (Italian-style), 200g peeled chestnuts, 2 tbsp fresh sage – chopped, 1tbsp fresh thyme leaves – chopped, 200g ciabatta bread - diced small, Grated zest 1 lemon, 1 egg – beaten and salt and pepper to season
1. In a large frying pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil, stir in the fennel and shallots. Cook over a medium heat until soft then add the garlic. Cook for another 1 minute before transferring to a bowl to cool completely
2. Remove the sausage meat from the skins and chop or roughly breakup the chestnuts. Add these and all other ingredients to the bowl and season well. Mix together using your hands. This mixture can be kept in the fridge for up to 24hrs until needed.
3. Cook the stuffing either in the neck of the turkey (adjust the turkey cooking time according to new weight), or in an ovenproof dish for 45mins- 1hour until golden brown on top.
Find out more at www.filippoberio.co.uk and Twitter @filippoberio
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Filippo Berio Press Office: Bonnie Turner 020 7632 2400/01442 261 199 firstname.lastname@example.org
About Filippo Berio:
Filippo Berio established the company in 1867 in his hometown of Lucca, Tuscany and to this day it’s still a family run business. Three years before Filippo Berio died, he formed a partnership with Giovanni Silvestrini, securing the future of his oil and in 1910, Silvestrini joined forces with Dino Fontana. Filippo Berio is still based in Lucca and is run by Dino Fontana's grandchildren and great grandchildren. Sophisticated modern equipment is now used in production and quality control: however, traditional methods are still used, with every batch of olive oil being personally tasted. Filippo Berio now produces a range of olive oils, pestos and olives – www.filippoberio.co.uk
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Icas PR (Publicasity) in the following categories: Men's Interest, Leisure & Hobbies, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.