Many of our Wing Yip sauces can be added to one pot dishes and provide instant flavour
As the first leaves of autumn settle on the ground, one pot meals are the perfect solution for busy cooks to feed the family this autumn.
Comforting and full of flavour, there is nothing more satisfying than a hearty pot of delicious food simmering away, for when your hungry household arrives home.
Leading Oriental grocer, Wing Yip, stocks a range of sauces that are ideal for use in one pot cooking.
Rich stews, curries and soups are ideal and can be prepared in advance for one pot cooking as they can be cooked slowly on the hob, in one pot, and they re-heat well so, can be prepared in advance.
Cooking everything at the same time allows the ingredients and their flavours to come together and complement one another.
“One Pot cooking is becoming very popular, and is a great way to make wholesome and flavoursome dishes that the whole family can enjoy. Many of our Wing Yip sauces can be added to one pot dishes and provide instant flavour,” said Mr Wing Yip.
Wing Yip is the UK’s leading Chinese grocer, with stores in Birmingham, Manchester, Cricklewood and Croydon. With over 3,000 products from the Far East stocked online at www.wingyipstore.com and in store, finding ingredients to liven-up and add flavour to one pot warmers is very easy.
For inspiration this autumn, try these hearty stew recipes for starters. If you are planning to re-heat your one pot warmer make sure it is heated all the way through!
Yellow Bean Pork Stew
740g pork (from the shoulder or leg) - cut into bite size pieces
1 jar of Wing Yip Yellow Bean Sauce
1 large white onion
4 - 5 cloves garlic
2 medium potatoes (halved or quartered)
2 Tbsp Wing Yip light soya sauce
1 Tbsp Wing Yip dark soya sauce
3 spring onions (3 cm lengths)
3 Tbsp peanut oil or vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Blitz the onion and garlic in a food processor or chop finely.
2. Heat the oil in a large lidded pot and fry the onion and garlic until it starts to colour - approximately 10 minutes.
3. Then add a third of the pork and stir well to seal the meat. Keep adding the pork a bit at a time until all the pork has been sealed.
4. Spoon the Wing Yip Yellow Bean Sauce into the pot and fill the empty jar up with water, adding this to the pot. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Keep checking the meat and ensure the sauce does not stick to the bottom of the pot, adding water if necessary.
5. When the pork is nearly cooked, add the potatoes, Wing Yip light and dark soya sauce. Cover again and cook until the potatoes are done.
6. Before serving, adjust the seasoning and stir in the spring onion
Szechuan Style Beef Stew
The star anise and cinnamon give it a light spicy flavour. As an alternative, replace the beef with pork or chicken. To add a twist to this stew, serve it with rice or bread.
454g beef (topside or skirt) - cut into 3cm x 2cm slices
1 jar Wing Yip Spicy Szechuan Bean Sauce
1 medium onion - quarter
1 tsp minced garlic paste (or fresh)
1 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
2 medium carrots - large slices or rollcut
1 green pepper - large pieces
3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
5g coriander - cut off some stalks and roots
1. Plunge the beef into boiling water for a minute. Drain well.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pot.
3. Sauté the onion, minced garlic, star anise and cinnamon stick. Then add the beef to the pot and a little black pepper.
4. Add the jar of Wing Yip Spicy Szechuan Bean Sauce and an equal amount of hot water to the beef and bring to the boil.
5. Turn down the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Test to see if the beef is tender. If it is, add the carrots and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes.
7. Then add green pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes.
8. Last of all, stir in some coriander before serving.
For further information please contact the Wing Yip press office on: 01743 234 224 or email email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Morris & Company in the following categories: Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.