GFI Software’s online offering complements the company’s award-winning on premise solutions and is available in the United Kingdom through authorised reseller partners
London, UK – Nov. 7, 2011 – GFI Software today announced that GFI MailEssentials Complete Online, a cloud-based anti-malware and anti-spam email security solution, is now available to small and medium businesses (SMBs) throughout the United Kingdom. Strongly complementing GFI’s on-premise solutions – GFI MailEssentials and GFI MailSecurity™, GFI MailEssentials Complete Online is designed to meet the evolving needs and increasing sophistication of SMB IT operations by providing access to email protection as a cloud-based service.
“SMBs demand choice and flexibility when strengthening their email security practices,” said Phil Bousfield, general manager, Infrastructure Business Unit, GFI Software. “SMBs are looking for cost-effective solutions but they also see great value in implementing redundant layers of protection and email continuity by deploying a cloud-based service in conjunction with their existing on-premise solutions. With GFI MailEssentials Complete Online we now offer a variety of email security delivery methods that meet the infrastructure requirements and budgets of small and medium businesses.”
Flexible Delivery Options for Advanced Email Security
The increasing volume of email-borne threats—coupled with an organisation’s need to balance security and infrastructure costs—is a growing burden on SMB IT administrators looking to find the optimum and most cost-effective approach to email security. For vendors and IT resellers, flexibility is key to serving the SMB email security market.
Research conducted last year by GFI shows that nearly 35 percent of SMBs surveyed use a combination of email security on an internal mail server and at the gateway. More than 40 percent agree that it is good security practice to run multiple security solutions in their organisation.
“Whether customers are looking for a solution to provide an additional layer of email security to complement their existing on-premise solutions or they want a Cloud-based approach, GFI MailEssentials Complete Online gives them the ability to do with in a cost-effective and secure manner,” Bousfield added.
Comprehensive Email Security
GFI MailEssentials Complete Online enables SMBs to defend against a broad array of email-borne threats to help ensure the security and optimal performance of their IT infrastructure. The solution provides:
• Anti-spam and Antivirus Protection ¬– Fast, accurate response against inbound and outbound spam attacks, including image spam, phishing and email spoofing with minimal false positives; and full defense against viruses, Trojans, spyware, worms, bots, rootkits, zero-hour exploits and other threats.
• Network Defense – Conserve network bandwidth and ease mail server loads by blocking threats before they enter the network. Connection and traffic filtering reduce strain on email infrastructure and defends against denial of service attacks.
• Central Management – Web-based interface enables administrators to create and enforce policies, view message quarantines, generate detailed reports on messages scanned and threats detected, and set standard company disclaimers statements attached to all emails.
• Individual Quarantines Controls – Users view and manage their quarantined mail and retrieve any legitimate email. Users also receive regular digests of their detected spam messages in their inbox.
• Broad Platform Support – Mail infrastructure supported includes Microsoft® Exchange, IBM Lotus Notes, Novell GroupWise, VMware Zimbra, Gmail™, PostFix, Sendmail and any other SMTP server.
• Email Continuity – Added benefit of the cloud-based service is that it can enable users to send and receive email through the Web even if their mail server is offline.
Price and Availability
GFI MailEssentials Complete is available to authorised GFI reseller partners through Sigma Software Distribution. The MailEssentials Complete cloud-based service is priced at £8 per user per year and includes the email continuity service.
To learn more about GFI MailEssentials Complete Online and to sign up for a free trial, visit http://www.gfi.com/hosted-email-security-solution/. For sales information call +44 (0) 870 770 5370 or send email to email@example.com.
GFI Software provides web and mail security, archiving, backup and fax, networking and security software and hosted IT solutions for small to medium-sized businesses (SMB) via an extensive global partner community. GFI products are available either as on-premise solutions, in the cloud or as a hybrid of both delivery models. With award-winning technology, a competitive pricing strategy, and a strong focus on the unique requirements of SMEs, GFI satisfies the IT needs of organisations on a global scale. The company has offices in the United States, UK, Austria, Australia, Malta, Hong Kong, Philippines and Romania, which together support hundreds of thousands of installations worldwide. GFI is a channel-focused company with thousands of partners throughout the world and is also a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner.
For more information:
Please email David Kelleher at firstname.lastname@example.org
GFI - Malta: Tel: +356 2205 2000; Fax: +356 21382419.
Davies Murphy Group
Please email Chris Green at email@example.com
GFI – UK: Tel: +44 1256 807362
Copyright © 2011 GFI Software. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. To the best of our knowledge, all details were correct at the time of publishing; this information is subject to change without notice
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of GFI Software in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.