A record of more than 350 new licenced customers added Splunk software in Q3
MAIDENHEAD – 15th November 2011 – Splunk Inc., the leading provider of software that provides real-time operational intelligence, today reported year-over-year quarterly revenue growth of 95 percent for the quarter ending 31st October 2011. The company also announced that, with the addition of more than 350 new paid licence customers, its customer base extends to over 3,200 organisations, in more than 75 countries including more than half the Fortune 100 companies.
“At the core of every business is data that can provide a powerful competitive advantage. Every company is a data company. Splunk is delivering software that enables companies to derive game changing insights from their machine data,” said Godfrey Sullivan, president and CEO of Splunk.
Global multi-channel retailer Otto Group GmbH uses Splunk software to harness its machine data. “Splunk is an indispensable solution to the daily business at Otto. Our Splunk dashboards provide us with a more comprehensive understanding of our customers and the key performance indicators that track application performance and availability. With Splunk, we can now easily and quickly identify, analyse and fix practical problems from application performance to system errors, including failures in our business processes,” said Michael Otremba, department manager, customer care centre software development, Otto Group GmbH.
Q3 FY 2012 Highlights:
• Added more than 350 new paid licence customers for a total of more than 3,200 customers in more than 75 countries including:
-- Americas: NBC Universal, SecureConnect (BHI), ConocoPhillips, Lincoln Financial, MetLife, Allegis Group, Edgecast, Sears eCommerce, Abercrombie & Fitch, Fandango and The Advisory Board Company
-- Europe and Middle East: The American University in Cairo, Carrefour, Vodafone Group Services GmbH, Sporting Index and Play.com
-- Asia-Pacific: HyundaiCard, Mighty River Power, La Trobe University and Carson Wagonlit Travel Asia Pacific
-- US Federal sector: FEMA and NOAA
• Expanded customer usage of Splunk software to additional use cases in accounts including Electronic Arts, Shaw Engineering and Incomm
• Hosted more than 600 customers and partners from 31 countries at .conf2011, Splunk’s second annual worldwide users’ conference in San Francisco
• Introduced the Splunk App™ for Microsoft® Exchange. The Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange provides continuous monitoring and reporting of Microsoft Exchange 2007 and Microsoft Exchange 2010 infrastructures
• Introduced Splunk Storm™ (private beta). Splunk Storm is a service running in the public cloud that provides developers and other customers with an elastic, multi-tenant, scalable, pay-per-use version of Splunk software
• Introduced Splunk Python SDK. The SDK gives Python developers and customers greater choice and flexibility in how they share and harness the Splunk engine and the valuable data stored in Splunk. It shortens the time from idea to completion of an application for a variety of scenarios
• Added 45 new Splunkbase Apps – 211 total apps now available on Splunkbase
• Achieved 95 percent year-over-year Q3 revenue growth
• Surpassed 430 employees, with eight offices worldwide
This week, Splunk also announced the appointment of PayPal President Scott Thompson to its Board of Directors. He brings to this role more than 20 years of experience in the electronic payments and financial services industries.
“The need for companies to be able to organise, understand and act on their data is more important than ever,” said Thompson. “Splunk is providing business with the ability to get valuable new insights from machine data in a way that I believe no one else is today. I’m honored to take on this opportunity.”
Splunk neither reaffirms its prior outlook or goals regarding revenues, new customers and new developers for fiscal 2012 nor does it provide any new outlook regarding anticipated future results.
About Splunk Inc.
Splunk® Inc. is the engine for machine data™. Splunk software collects, indexes and harnesses the massive machine data continuously generated by the websites, applications, servers, networks and mobile devices that power business. Splunk software enables organisations to monitor, search, analyse, visualise, and act on massive streams of real-time and historical machine data. More than 3,200 enterprises, universities, government agencies, and service providers in more than 75 countries use Splunk Enterprise to gain operational intelligence that deepens business understanding, improves service and uptime, reduces cost, and mitigates cyber-security risk. To learn more please visit www.splunk.com/company. Splunk is a registered trademark of Splunk Inc. in the Unites States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information, please contact:
C8 Consulting Ltd
0118 900 1134
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of C8 Consulting in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.