Service Management stars from HM Revenue and Customs, Wipro, Fox IT, SDI, and London Borough of Merton honoured in this year’s awards
London, UK – 28th November 2011 – itSMF UK, the UK’s largest service management user group boasting over 12,000 members, hosted its Annual Conference at the Novotel London West earlier this month, which culminated in a glittering awards dinner hosted by inimitable comedian Lenny Henry to honour the IT Service Management stars of 2011.
Hotly contested, the awards celebrated the achievements of those who have shown real leadership, imagination and skill in addressing service management challenges within their organisations. Deserving finalists battled it out in eight awards categories before being whittled down to winners and finalists:
• ITIL Student of the Year – Winner: Geof Ellingham, Finalists: Mark Nicholson; Stephen Kane
• ISO/IEC 20000 Student of the Year – Winner: Paul Moss, Finalists: Brian McIvor; Peter Drake
• Trainer of the Year – Winner: Mike Baker, Fox IT, Finalists: Peter Broadbent, Logica; Andy Wright, SysOp
• Service Management Project of the Year – Winner: HM Revenue & Customs - Enterprise Release and CSI Project, Finalists: Everything Everywhere - Service Improvement Programme; BT Global Customer Services Operation - Process Transformation Programme
• Service Management Champion of the Year – Winner: Angela Wint, London Borough of Merton, Finalists: David Dolphin, BT Engage IT; Ian Macdonald, The Co-operative Bank
• Service Innovation of the Year – Winner: HM Revenue & Customs - Business Service Catalogue, Finalist: iCore - the Fast ITSM Model
• Submission of the Year - Winner: David Bingham, Wipro: 'The nine stepping stones to meaningful service strategy', Finalists: Robert Humphrey, CSC: 'How to use a blended approach to training'; Mark Sykes (Fox IT) and Nigel Landman (QT&C): 'ITIL and ISO/IEC 27001 - bringing service management & security together'
• Paul Rappaport Award for Outstanding Contribution to Service Management – Winner: Howard Kendall, Founder and Chair, Service Desk Institute
Colin Rudd, newly appointed Chair of the itSMF UK, said “I thoroughly enjoyed hearing from the three finalists for the Service Management Project of the Year Award, and was impressed by all of the projects. Well done to the winners and finalists in every category: it’s a fantastic achievement to win one of these awards and this year the standard was remarkably high.”
For more information about the itSMF UK Conference and Awards, please contact email@example.com or call 0118 900 1134.
- ENDS -
About the itSMF UK
Established over 20 years ago, the itSMF UK boasts over 12,000 members, 60 percent of which are from FTSE 100 companies spanning all vertical markets in the UK. The itSMF UK’s raison d’être is to help organisation and individuals deliver operational efficiency, service improvement and best practice in IT Service Management. The itSMF UK connects IT professionals with appropriate knowledge, networks and training programmes to help them better understand complex evolving IT infrastructures.Through the itSMF members can gain and learn from the experience of thousands of their IT peers. itSMF UK members are entitled to significant discounts on the latest ITSM publications and events, including seminars and an industry-leading Annual Conference, plus free attendance at Regional meetings and Special Interest Groups (SIGS). To find out more please go to www.itsmf.co.uk or call 0118 918 6500.
C8 Consulting Ltd
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of C8 Consulting in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.