Free-to-use business savings advice service - Make It Cheaper - has been recognised as one of Britain’s fastest-growing companies in this year’s Sunday Times Fast Track 100, published today (4.12.11).
Fast Track, which ranks privately-held companies by their sales growth over the past three years, has positioned Make It Cheaper at 39 in the league table for 2011 - its first qualifying year - with an average annual sales growth of 79%. Now in its 15th year, Fast Track has been an early indicator of companies that go on to become household names including: Carphone Warehouse, Moonpig Cards, Innocent Drinks, Jack Wills & Cath Kidston. Sir Richard Branson, who hosts a reception each year for the winning companies at his Oxfordshire home, says: "Fast Track has become the definitive barometer of growth companies".
Established in London in 2007, Make It Cheaper, the self-styled ‘saving experts for business’, now has 110 UK staff with an annual turnover of £8.8 million*, generating profits of £2.2 million. It offers free and impartial advice to businesses about a range of overheads including energy, telecoms and financial services. In the past 12 months it has saved 50,000 business customers in the region of £100 million by cutting an average of 30% off their bills, either by switching suppliers or helping to re-negotiate deals with existing ones. It is aiming to rapidly increase its customer-base and product range over the next three years with an annual savings target of £500 million by 2014. Part of this ambitious growth will be met by the company’s overseas expansion which already includes a well-established office in Australia, employing a further 35 saving experts.
Jonathan Elliott, founder and managing director of Make It Cheaper, commented:
“Whereas larger businesses often have the experience, resources and necessary clout to negotiate good prices with suppliers, most SMEs do not. And there are over four million of them in the UK. Make It Cheaper has answered a call from these businesses to represent their interests in a David & Goliath fight for a fair deal on a number of essentials from electricity to credit card charges. The money we help businesses save goes straight to its bottom line as pure profit, without it having to increase its sales.”
Make It Cheaper puts it meteoric growth - which has been achieved without any external funding - down to the following three key factors:
1. Genuine Impartiality - Make It Cheaper is 100% independent and not tied to any suppliers.
2. Great Savings - As well as cutting bills, Make It Cheaper also saves it customers a good deal of time that they can then spend concentrating on running their businesses.
3. Customer Service - Make It Cheaper receives a fanatical level of customer feedback and a rate of word-of-mouth referrals that eclipses the top 100 brands measured in the official 2011 European Net Promoter league table.**
- ENDS -
Further information: Nick Heath 020 7654 0730 / 07720 297972 / email@example.com
* This includes recently-published 2011 accounts – however the figures submitted to Fast Track were 2007 to 2010 as the accounts needed to have been published prior to the October deadline.
** Feedback from customers using Make It Cheaper in November 2011. NB ‘Net Promoter Score’ = % of promoters (scoring 9s & 10s) minus % of detractors (scoring 0s-6s)
• “Fantastic service, I thought I was in for a day on the phone speaking to over eager sales people. One phone call was all it took” Vanda Dickinson, Queens Tavern in Huddersfield
• “Polite, quick and efficient service. As normal British Gas were making it difficult to swap companies but your company dealt with this professionally and sorted it out for us.” Christopher Eastell, William Eastell & Sons in Shipley
• “Expected to have loads of forms to fill in and was pleasantly surprised when I found it was all done for me. The whole experience with the company was very satisfactory.” Diane Doyle, Norfolk Association For The Disabled
• “Absolutely fantastic. So easy. Thank you” Carolyn Hancox, Blonde Dye Beach in Southend-On-Sea
• “You make switching easy” Ken Winslow, Winslow Bros in Swindon
• “Just starting a new business and moving house so with lots to do your company took away the stress. Did it all in one day. We love it that everyone called back when they said they would. We have used you services for Chip & Pin, Electricity, Broadband and phone. Great support at a difficult time.” Christina Bryant, Village Bakery & Cafe in Broughton-In-Furness
• “Very impressed by your organisation and we have already made savings - your team are very helpful and always willing to answer questions by phone or e-mail. I have already passed your name onto other organisations for them to get your advice and assistance on saving cash in these tough economic times.” Roddy Nicolson, Isle Of Lewis Citizen Advice Bureau
• “The energy price differences were spelt out in detail, but easily understood & sending the form by e-mail is a great idea! It worked for me and I'm happy to have made the changes suggested.” Bill Coates, Gospel Hall in Windermere
• “Compared the whole market saved me the leg work. Eon rang after they had received notification. They were amazed at the deal and said they could not get any were near it.” Gaynor Qualter, The Lord Eldon in Knutsford
• “Information clear and given well. Your Ameer did everything he promised to do including calling back exactly at the time arranged - awesome!” Ann Walker, Miss Millies Fried Chicken in Bristol
• “The service was excellent, clear communication and response time was great. Which made the change over process smooth and concise. Thank you” Lynne Griffiths, Motor Accident Protection Services in Southport
• “Your service is fast and efficient. I have looked at comparison sites before and sometimes the level of service leaves a lot to be desired. So for you to have done exactly what you said you would do...I'm impressed.” John Wells, Wells Bakery in Rochdale
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Make it Cheaper Ltd in the following categories: Business & Finance, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.