Despite a raft of recent downbeat surveys and statistics from organisations such as the CIPD, the entertainment, media and brand sectors are bucking the trend when it comes to job vacancies.
The latest market update from Handle Recruitment is reporting a large upswing in vacancy levels for the third quarter of 2011 across all its main business functions of Finance, HR, Sales& Marketing, Digital, Office Support, PR and Retail.
The Handle Buzz is regular quarterly report which tracks the percentage increase/decrease of vacancies across all of its specialist disciplines. The latest figures are certainly encouraging. When compared with the second quarter of 2011, Handle can report the following trends:
• Permanent vacancies within Finance are up 9% while temporary vacancies are up by well over a third at 36%.
• HR vacancies are up by over a quarter at 26% while temporary requirements rose 4%
• Hiring requirements within Sales & Marketing are up a staggering 92% and temporary roles rose by 11%.
• Within the Digital arena, there was an upswing of 30% in permanent vacancies and 20% in temporary vacancies.
• Office support roles rose by 123% and temporary requirements saw a 16% rise.
Commenting on the results of this report, Peter Tafler, Managing Director said: “While there is no doubt that it is still a very competitive job market, our core sectors of TV, film, music and media are undoubtedly in the market for talent”
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of BlueSky Public Relations Ltd in the following categories: Media & Marketing, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.