This is an exciting milestone for us and another step forward to make credible sustainable options easy for people to find
New Sustainable Travel Guides Help People Go Green with Confidence
Good & Green Guides, new comprehensive sustainable travel guides that help inhabitants and tourists discover and enjoy the planet with care, announce the availability of the Good & Green Guides iPhone application making over 4200 rated sustainable points of interests and content from their popular Holland guides available and searchable on an iPhone.
“This is an exciting milestone for us and another step forward to make credible sustainable options easy for people to find", said Harold Verhagen, founder and publisher of Good & Green Guides. Now, more than ever, people recognize their purchasing power and want to make responsible choices. Our iPhone application offers another convenient way to search our rated content and ‘go green’ with confidence.”
The availability of the Good & Green Guide iPhone application lays the foundation for Good & Green Guide London that is slated for release in conjunction with the 2012 Olympics, with more guides planned for popular destinations throughout Europe and select cities in the United States.
A first of their kind, Good & Green Guides address the growing consumer demand for finding credible sustainable options. The criteria for what is included in a Good & Green Guide are strict, objective and transparent. Each point of interest is thoroughly researched and reviewed by local volunteers and students, then rated using the Good & Green Star System for three categories of sustainability – Good, Green and/or Great.
Today there are four Good & Green Guides available for Amsterdam, The Hague, Rotterdam and the whole of Holland covering 19 cities throughout the Netherlands. Each of the guides offer more than 500 points of interest that are good for us and green for our environment including fair trade shops, organic markets, yoga studios, aid organizations, vegetarian restaurants, eco-fashion shops, natural cosmetic shops, green hotels, and more. 23 different categories are organized into five easy to navigate chapters:
1. Eat & Meet: bars, cafes, tearooms, food shops, food markets, restaurants, herbs & food supplements
2. Dreaming: hotels, bed & breakfasts, hostels and campsites
3. Experiencing: kids, mobility, mind & body, parks & gardens, down & out
4. Shopping: cosmetics, fair trade, fashion, office & home, second-hand, vintage, repair, web shops, banks
5. Getting involved: aid & activists, collection & recycling, ECO interest points, freedom interest points, volunteering, offsetting CO2
Good & Green Guide iPhone Application Features and Pricing
Features of the iPhone application will include:
- GPS tracking, maps, searches, browses, look up what’s nearby
- Thousands of recommended Good & Green places to visit and things to do
- Extensive editorial content from our guides
- Sustainable top 10s using our Good & Green Guides Star System
- Add favorites and integration with Twitter & Facebook
- Intuitive, easy to use app, sustainability right at your fingertips
- Swipe to scroll through cities, main categories and subcategories
- Background information about sustainability & certifications
People who want to download the Good & Green Guide iPhone application have two options:
o FREE – includes 10% of Good & Green Guide rated content and all the functionality. The 10% of the content includes Top 10 Lists.
o € 9.99 – includes 100% of Good & Green rated content and 100% functionality. This option also includes early access to Good & Green Guides before they are released.
To learn more about Good & Green Guides and how to download the iPhone application, visit: www.goodandgreenguides.com.
About Good & Green Guides
Good & Green Guides are sustainable travel guides that show inhabitants and tourists how to enjoy a city while taking care of people and the planet. Our criteria for what is Good & Green are strict, objective and transparent. We publish each guide without sponsoring, subsidizing or advertisement. Each point of interest is thoroughly researched, reviewed and rated for sustainability using our Good & Green Star System for three categories of sustainability – Good, Green and/or Great.
1. Good: Help people and children to develop and/or to support with food, clean water and housing.
2. Green: Take care of our environment by respecting animals and plants, saving energy and use renewable energy (wind & sun).
3. Great: Be transparent and show good and green (audited) actions and results on the website.
- The Good & Green Star System uses known and proven national and international standards, qualifications and certifications to measure the level of sustainability of an organization.
- An organization is rewarded with one or more stars when it complies to a standard or is certificated.
- Some specific milestones, such as having a tangible plan to become CO2 neutral or a partnership with an aid organization, will also be rewarded with stars.
- Each organization can be rewarded with a maximum of 10 stars.
To learn more about Good & Green Guides, visit: www.goodandgreenguides.com or follow us on Twitter at: @haroldggg.
Erica Garver, firstname.lastname@example.org, 010 413 53 39 (NL) or +1-971-570-3291 (US)
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Good & Green Guides in the following categories: Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.