— Managing Data Growth, Backup and Recovery, Disaster Recovery, Backup of Virtual Server Environments & Email/File Archiving Remain the Top Five IT Concerns Heading into 2012 —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) – Reading, UK — December 13, 2011
The modern data centre is undergoing a rapid shift to cloud-enabled services, mobile computing and 24x7 operations that is leading to unprecedented ways to create information that helps companies grow their businesses. The side effects, however, are massive data growth and a new set of challenges as organisations struggle to find ways to keep pace with growing volumes of data, more demanding service levels for recovery and collapsing backup windows. It's a phenomenon that requires a new strategy for information management, one that provides a seamless process from backup and recovery to archiving for data retention and easy, fast data retrieval. According to the results of CommVault’s annual IT Storage Spending Predictions Survey, managing data growth, backup and recovery, disaster recovery, backup of virtual server environments and email/file archiving are the top five IT concerns facing end user organisations in 2012.
• CommVault today released the results of its IT Storage Spending Survey, which polled a cross-section of 295 respondents. This included individuals responsible for IT budget allocations encompassing storage and data management such as CIOs, vice presidents and IT directors, as well as backup, server and storage group managers or administrators.
• According to the survey results, managing data growth (i.e., data reduction) is the top budget priority for 2012, followed by network and equipment, disaster recovery, applications/software, data backup and recovery and backup of virtual server environments. These priorities are almost identical to those cited in CommVault’s 2011 Storage Spending Survey.
• Also similar to 2011, respondents predicted a slight increase in overall IT budgets for the New Year. Thirty-two percent of the survey respondents revealed their IT budgets would increase in 2012, while 50 percent stated their budgets would remain unchanged in the coming year. Of that IT budget, 43 percent of those polled reported allocating up to 10 percent for overall data protection, for items such as hardware, software, services/support and media, while another 34 percent planned to spend between 11 and 20 percent of their budget on overall data protection.
• IT budgets may be on the rise, but most organisations will have to weather the data deluge with their current IT staff. Of those surveyed, 54 percent reported no expected increases in IT headcount in 2012; 16 percent expected an increase and 29 percent remained undecided on increasing their staffing in 2012.
• Massive data growth is being fueled in part by the continued adoption of server virtualization as organisations consolidate physical servers in an effort to reduce costs. Eighty-two percent of respondents are managing up to 250 virtual servers today, but an overwhelming 89 percent of respondents expect that number to increase in 2012.
• Fifty-seven percent of the respondents polled came from organisations with between 500 to 10,000 employees, representing a variety of industry sectors, including government, education, manufacturing, healthcare, financial services, engineering and retail. Nearly 50 percent of the respondents were responsible for managing 11 to 75 TBs of primary data last year.
Tweet This: @CommVault IT Spending Predictions Survey: Managing data growth tops list of IT concerns for 2012 http://bit.ly/tI2uGy #Simpana
Optimising IT Budgets with Simpana Software
• CommVault customers continue to embrace Simpana software to address their most pressing IT challenges while making the most of their IT budgets and alleviating the challenges that come with managing and protecting massive amounts of data.
• Simpana software is one product suite built on a single platform to intelligently manage and protect data and information across heterogeneous applications, hypervisors, operating systems and infrastructure from a single console.
• CommVault's policy-driven data management platform protects, stores and recovers vast amounts of data while automating administration. The ability to eliminate manual processes and seamlessly tier data to physical, virtual and cloud storage decreases administrative costs and increases operational efficiencies, letting IT departments do more with fewer resources.
• As the only software company to offer a single platform approach to data and information management, CommVault provides unified capabilities for backup and recovery, replication, archive, enterprise search, as well as eDiscovery and compliance workflow.
• With Simpana 9, CommVault has also simplified its licensing model to provide customers nearly unlimited use of advanced features while charging only for the amount of front-end capacity being protected. Customers maintain visibility into capacity and growth with usage and trending dashboards to help them manage storage budgets more efficiently.
• David West, senior vice president of marketing and business development for CommVault:
“The results of CommVault’s annual IT storage spending predictions survey reinforce what we hear from customers on a daily basis. Data growth continues to accelerate unabated with the rise of virtual servers, mobile devices and the use of social media in the workplace. Organisations continue to turn to CommVault to address these challenges while reducing risk, controlling costs and accelerate access to valuable business information.”
• IT Spending Predictions Survey Infographic
• CommVault® Simpana® 9 software
• More on CommVault Virtual Server Protection
• More on CommVault backup and recovery
• More on CommVault Archive
• More CommVault news
• Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds: http://news.commvault.com/rss-feeds.asp
• Follow CommVault on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CommVault
• Follow CommVault on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CommVault
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
# # #
For further information, please contact:
+44 (0) 118 951 6500
+44 (0) 7736 793332
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Maillot Jaune Communications in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.