— CommVault Recognised for Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute —
CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) –READING, UK—Dec. 14, 2011
• CommVault has been positioned in the Challengers quadrant in Gartner’s report, “Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving.”
• According to Gartner, enterprise information archiving “is the next step in the evolution of archiving that incorporates new products and solutions for archiving user files (email and files on file shares) and, optionally, other content types such as instant messages, structured data and social media content. These products provide features such as data deduplication across content types, retention management, content indexing and at least basic tools for eDiscovery, such as search and legal hold.”
• Archiving is becoming an increasingly critical component of a data management strategy driven by cost containment, eDiscovery and compliance. CommVault® Simpana® software delivers a revolutionary approach that converges backup and archive into a single, scalable product which ensures that however data is copied or moved, managed and stored, it is unified to deliver a true lifecycle approach to the protection, retention and access of data.
• For the first time, organisations can protect, archive and search enterprise information through one software platform. As a result, IT departments can achieve up to 50 percent cost savings and improved operational efficiencies.
• Simpana software’s intelligent index, classification and retention capabilities further enable access, discovery and recovery of data across all captured production data from hardware snapshots to application archives. Redundant data across both protection and archive copies is eliminated and the policy driven retention and search of indexed data is streamlined across disk, tape or cloud storage.
• More than 2,500 leading organisations around the world have deployed Simpana software for archiving to address both storage optimisation and the retention and disposition of information to support regulatory, legal and corporate policy.
Tweet This: @CommVault positioned as challenger in #Gartner magic quadrant for enterprise information #archiving
Simpana® Software for Archiving Helps Control Storage Growth, Lower Costs and Reduce Risks
• Simpana software is one product suite built on a single platform to intelligently manage and protect data and information across heterogeneous applications, hypervisors, operating systems and infrastructure from a single console.
• Simpana software, which includes both archive and search capabilities, provides a cost-effective and efficient approach to managing space by moving stale data off expensive primary storage to lower cost tiers of storage.
• With built-in compression, deduplication and aging managed from a single interface, Simpana software allows users to easily define which data is archived and how, as well as the length of time data should be retained, regardless of infrastructure. This single point of management reduces overall complexity and lowers cost.
• Integrated analytics and reporting of file and application data growth trends provide a way to drive the policy management of unstructured archive deduplication. This capability spans all tiers of storage—both disk and tape to cloud—to seamlessly deliver efficient, long-term archive retention management.
• For organisations that need to meet compliance requirements, built-in content indexing across the Simpana intelligent archive framework ensures enterprise search and eDiscovery of data regardless of source or stage in a data lifecycle helping to form the foundation of a sound information governance strategy.
• With CommVault’s flexible capacity licensing model, Simpana software provides an affordable entry point and seamless growth path when compared to standalone backup/recovery and archive solutions. Organisations can change scope, scale and protection methods at will and for little additional cost or management overhead.
David West, senior vice president of marketing and business development at CommVault
• “We believe our position in the Challengers quadrant for enterprise information archiving further recognises our vision, execution against our roadmap and the ongoing adoption of Simpana software by organisations around the world. CommVault has the only converged platform that seamlessly integrates archive, backup and search capabilities to enable enterprises effectively scale, reduce cost and drive efficiencies in managing their information throughout its lifecycle.”
• CommVault® Simpana® 9 Software
• CommVault Simpana for archive
• CommVault Simpana for backup and recovery
• More CommVault news
• Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds: http://news.commvault.com/rss-feeds.asp
• Follow CommVault on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CommVault
• Follow CommVault on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CommVault
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; certain information in this release has been provided by the customer and has not been independently verified by CommVault. CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving” by Sheila Childs, Kenneth Chin and Debra Logan, Dec. 6, 2011.
# # #
+44 (0) 118 951 6500
+44 (0) 7736 793332
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Maillot Jaune Communications in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.