Actuate truly understands the challenges faced by organisations today and what’s needed to help them succeed
Taking Business Users Beyond Discovery to Better Decisions
London, UK - December 15th , 2011 – Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ: BIRT), the people behind BIRT® and the leader in open source business intelligence (BI), today launched BIRT Performance Analytics, a solution built on the unified ActuateOne platform to help organisations drive tangible business improvements. Available both on premise as well as on demand, BIRT Performance Analytics enables organisations to implement closed loop performance management by incorporating capabilities that help discover problem areas, analyse root causes and drive improvements.
In today’s uncertain economic climate, organisations face the mandate for Performance improvement more than ever before. Whether the goal is to improve performance at the corporate level or at the operational level, organisations need a comprehensive solution that can address three core functions:
1. Discover: with interactive dashboards and data visualisation, BIRT Performance Analytics enables the business analyst to discover trends, patterns, and identify new opportunities for business improvement across disparate enterprise data sources.
2. Analyse: with drag-and-drop analysis and 100% Excel export built into an interactive dashboard, the business user can slice and dice data and perform ‘what-if’ analysis with the option to use the full power of their favourite analysis tool, Microsoft Excel.
3. Improve: with performance scorecards, maps, executive briefing books and initiative management. Built for the business user to define metrics, their relationships, targets, benchmarks, import measure values or manually input the values, the business users can focus their efforts on those KPIs that are critical and thus drive tangible performance improvement
Unlike Dashboards, BI or niche Scorecarding solutions that offer only a fractured view of performance metrics, BIRT Performance Analytics is the industry’s most complete solution that empowers business users to realise real benefits from their efforts. A secure and scalable infrastructure, a flexible pricing model, a proven and streamlined deployment methodology supported by a dedicated team of experts and unlimited access to value-add applications from the BIRT-Exchange Marketplace enables organisations of any size to get started quickly.
“Success in Performance Management relies heavily on how quickly an organisation can engage its users to adopt new process and new ways of management,” said Attila Mistzi, Enterprise Performance, Process Coordinator for the Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD). “It’s clear through the latest release of BIRT Performance Analytics, that Actuate understands what can happen when you empower iterative processes such as Performance Management and improvement through an iterative technology platform like ActuateOne. I’m delighted to see new functionality in the latest release which allows users to empower themselves through new dashboarding capabilities, initiative management enhancements and leading edge interactive analytics – all of which users leverage with no training or reliance on IT.”
“Actuate truly understands the challenges faced by organisations today and what’s needed to help them succeed in a highly competitive, complex global marketplace. Not only does BIRT Performance Analytics deliver a very comprehensive set of Performance Management capabilities which they have fine-tuned over 17 years in the category, it introduces a host of new features with great interactivity and ease of use.” said Bernard Marr, Chief Executive & Director of Research The Advanced Performance Institute. “The result is a single application that integrates scorecarding, dashboarding, analytics, reporting and user-driven design options, which allow any user to create personalised views of their information without extensive training or help from IT.”
“Actuate has redefined performance management by giving businesses the solution to all the common reasons performance management fail,” said Utpal Bhatt, Vice President and General Manager - Performance Management Group at Actuate Corporation. “Delivered as a on-premise solution or as multi-tenant software as a service (SaaS) offering, BIRT Performance Analytics drives actionable performance improvement across the entire organisation from any web enabled and mobile device.”
Additional BIRT Performance Analytics Feedback:
“It’s obvious that BIRT Performance Analytics was designed to deliver the next generation of features and capabilities for Performance Management audience. We see tremendous benefit from being able to deliver such a wide set of new capabilities.” - Lori Clifton, Integrated Systems Specialist, St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital
“BIRT Performance Analytics is bringing Performance Management to a new level by optimising the needs of business by gaining achievable performance through using interactive business analytics designed for operational excellence in a low risk and high value cloud computing approach that is simple and engaging for all levels of the organisation.” - Mark Smith, CEO and Chief Research Officer, Ventana Research
New capabilities offered in BIRT Performance Analytics include:
• New Business Rules Engine- Architected for 64-bit platforms, this new engine allows the processing of large amounts of in-memory data allowing users to create sophisticated measures and frameworks.
• Initiative Management – Enables creation and tracking of actionable Performance Initiatives that are aligned to strategic and operational KPIs.
• Performance Dashboards – Enables users to create visually rich, dynamic dashboards that link to performance management information on the fly.
• Internet Published Briefing Books – Delivering a modernized User Interface that matches the richness of the entire application. This updated look and feel offers a rich user experience to anyone consuming the Scorecard information.
• Live Excel Spreadsheets – Any performance report can be exported to Excel as a fully functional spreadsheet and supported by a calculation engine for further analytics.
• Mobility – Mobile Performance Management delivers performance insight to business users from any mobile device including: iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, and Android.
Pricing and Availability
A free 45 day trial of BIRT Performance Analytics is available now. To find out more visit:
http://www. BIRTPerformanceAnalytics.com/se/info/BPAtrial45days call toll free: 800-449-3804 or +1 416-537-9336.
Actuate – The people behind BIRT
Actuate founded and co-leads the Eclipse BIRT open source project. ActuateOne™ is a unified suite of products for rapidly developing and deploying BIRT-based custom Business Intelligence applications and information applications. Applications built with ActuateOne provide one user experience regardless of task or skill level; are supported by one server for any deployment including cloud and are built with one BIRT design that can access and integrate any data source - including high volume print streams. ActuateOne adds rich data visualisations, including interactivity, dashboards, analytics, and deployment options to web and mobile BIRT applications, helping organisations drive revenue through higher customer satisfaction and improved operational performance.
Actuate has over 4,800 customers globally in a diverse range of business areas including financial services and the public sector. Founded in 1993, Actuate is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices worldwide. Actuate is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol BIRT. For more information, visit the company's web site at www.actuate.com or visit the BIRT community at www.birt-exchange.com.
Carina Birt, Sarum PR
PR for Actuate UK
+44 1722 411150
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Sarum PR in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.