From tomorrow (31.12.11) small businesses will enjoy greater freedom and flexibility in their choice of telecoms contracts as Ofcom’s ‘Rollover Ban’ comes into effect.
The Regulator’s ban means that businesses will no longer be automatically renewed into a new contract before their old one expires and can shop around for a better deal in a timeframe to suit them, without fear of being penalised.
Jonathan Elliott, managing director of Make It Cheaper, commented: “Anything that makes it easier to switch means that more people will be prepared to give it a go. This encourages competition and should lead to suppliers keeping a lid on prices as well as focussing more on customer service as they try to reduce churn. Research that we commissioned this year shows that over half of businesses now regularly review their phone contracts so there’s clearly room for improvement. The average saving made by switching is around 30% and current deals include things like free broadband for a year and unlimited call bundles, so every business should at least have a look to see if there’s a better option at the end of their contract. By banning rollovers, Ofcom has made this process much less hassle for busy businesses.”
Business owners that have recently switched their phone lines / broadband contracts via Make It Cheaper’s free and impartial service include…
• Bernadette Lancaster-Atkinson, Floral Pride (Aberdeen): “Super service that I will not hesitate to recommend. Will save me over £180 in the first year for my telecoms line.”
• Tom Poole, Mawdesley Post Office (Lancashire): “Very quick whilst also getting to the bottom of the savings, by comparing against my latest bill. Super, saving us £100 a month, with next-to-no effort on our part!”
• Claire Fretwell, Pharmcet (Doncaster): “The consultant was very efficient. Once I'd supplied him with the costs we were already paying, he came back quickly with the best prices and we'll be making a massive saving in the year.”
• Richard Griffiths, North Wales Holiday Cottages & Farm Houses (Conwy): “A top service that takes all the hassle out of finding the best deal, and they found us a better deal than we could.”
• Kay Renders, Poppies (Gloucestershire): “It was so easy. Just one phone call and it was all sorted out. No forms to fill in, no hard sell, and very little time. Excellent!!”
• Don Foster, Coolopps Limited (Guildford): “The telecoms deal we have agreed will save us about £25 per month. Fantastic service.”
• Dianne Nichol, Custom Divers (Redhill): “Everything explained in detail and all my questions answered satisfactorily. Consultant was extremely helpful, telephoned at a time to suit me and ensured we were happy with the proposals for saving money.”
• Matthew Swindles, Engraving Services (Southend): “Very happy with efficiency of switch process, am looking forward to using services again next year and making savings again.”
- ENDS -
About Make It Cheaper
Established in 2007, Make It Cheaper is the number one destination for businesses to get a better deal on their utilities and other services. Based in Central London with 110 staff, the self-styled ‘saving experts for business’ receive more enquiries and arrange more new contracts than any other business price comparison service. These include the business customers of major domestic price comparison services with whom Make It Cheaper has partnerships, as well as many trade associations and charity membership organisations. Acting on behalf of all these customers with total impartiality and free-of-charge, Make It Cheaper offers year-on-year savings across a range of products including: business energy, business telecoms, insurance and merchant services (chip & pin). By switching suppliers or helping to renegotiate deals with existing ones, it will typically save over 30% of costs - as well as a considerable amount of time that its customers can then spend on running their businesses. Make It Cheaper is currently ranked 39th in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
Further Information: Nick Heath 07720 297972 / firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Make it Cheaper Ltd in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.