London Chamber of Commerce and Industry to host inaugural national mediation summit with speakers from UK Government, CIPD, BT
• Biggest shakeup of dispute resolution in 20 years to be discussed at exclusive workplace mediation summit organised by The TCM Group
• Employment relations experts provide overview of Government proposals for improving workplace dispute resolution and mediation.
• London Chamber of Commerce and Industry to host inaugural national mediation summit with speakers from UK Government, CIPD, BT, Boyes Turner and The TCM Group
On the 19th of January, The TCM Group in partnership with the London Chamber of Commerce will be hosting a free 'Breakfast Briefing Seminar' on the Government’s response to the ‘Resolving workplace disputes’ consultation.
The Government’s response to the recent dispute resolution consultation states that mediation should become a preferred mechanism for organizations to resolve disputes without the needs to go to court :
“Our vision is for an employment dispute resolution system that promotes the use of early dispute resolution as a means of dealing with workplace problems. The consultation Resolving Workplace Disputes set out our ideas, which focused on the need to tackle problems early, before they got to the tribunal stage.”
Confirmed speakers at the national mediation summit to be held on the 19th of January 2012 include:
• Gail Davies from the Department for Business Innovation and Skills
• Mike Emmott from CIPD
• Helen Goss and Michael Farrier from Boyes Turner
• Mediation expert David Liddle from The TCM Group
• Caroline Waters, Director of People and Policy at BT
The Government response to the consultation is part of the Employment Law Review instigated by the Coalition. On the 30th of November the Coalition Government announced one of the most radical shake-ups of employment law in twenty years.
The Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development (CIPD) have identified significant advantages to UK companies who use mediation. Reduced stress and increased performance were two areas identified in a recent CIPD report into mediation and dispute resolution.
David Liddle, Founder of The TCM Group and President of the Professional Mediators Association believes that this event reflects a major milestone in the development of effective dispute resolution for UK organisations. He stated today that:
“It is clear from the proposals that the Government supports mediation and will encourage companies to deploy mediation in order to resolve disputes without the need for legal remedies. I welcome this exciting development and I look forward to working with officials from the Government alongside other key partners to help foster a culture of early resolution and mediation as an alternative to costly and stressful employment tribunals.“
• Venue: London Chamber of Commerce & Industry
• Date: Thursday, 19th of January 2012
• Time: 08:30am (Registration ) - 11:30 am (End)
• Cost: Free: Coffee – Tea & Breakfast included
• How to book: To reserve a place please click here
• TCM is a leading provider of workplace, employment, business and consumer mediation services. They work with organisations across the UK and Europe to develop constructive, effective and sustainable remedies for conflicts and disputes.
• David Lidle, Founder and Director regularly comments on mediation, dispute resolution and labour relations issues in the media including Sky News, BBC News 24, Daybreak, BBC Radio and various trade press.
• TCM has created and sponsors the first UK award for Innovation in Dispute Resolution in conjunction with Personnel Today.
• TCM was invited by the CBI to take the lead on the production of an innovative mediation film, distributed to over 20,000 CBI members. The film’s aim was to improve the way disputes are managed across UKPLC.
• The company trains over 1000 individuals in the art of mediation each year. This includes HR professionals and business leaders. Plus other employees who are committed to improving the way that they resolve workplace and business disputes.
• TCM delivers mediation services to an unrivalled list of some of the world’s leading brands including: Lloyds Banking Group, BT, The Arcadia Group, Marks & Spencer, Vodafone, HSBC and The co-operative
Press enquiries and social media
For press and media enquiries, please contact Panos Papakostis on 020-7404-3195
Keep in touch with The TCM Group online:
TCM’s Founder & Managing Director online contact details:
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The TCM Group in the following categories: Business & Finance, Education & Human Resources, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.