Having just left behind the most expensive annual event in Christmas, the last thing drivers want to have to do is spend more money on a new car battery. As such, CTEK, a leading global brand in the care and maintenance of vehicle batteries, suggests that motorists make the traditionally irregular task of battery maintenance part of their vehicle maintenance routines in 2012 as a means of avoiding having to replace the expensive component.
Batteries are undoubtedly getting more costly along with pretty much everything associated with driving. However, as with the life of the car itself, the life of its components can be expended considerably with a little care and attention.
The process of battery care is quick and can be easily incorporated into any car maintenance ritual. Following these simple steps, drivers will be able to extend the lives of their batteries and avoid the expense of purchasing a replacement, as well as the inconvenience that a flat battery causes.
Outside of the battery
• First of all disconnect the battery before commencing the next steps.
• Clean the top and side of the battery with a 1 part baking soda to 8 part water solution, applying with a brush and drying with a cloth.
• Ensure maximum current reaches the starting and electrical systems in the vehicle by repeating the first step on the battery’s terminals.
• Reconnect the battery terminals and then apply a coat of petroleum jelly to avoid the build-up of corrosion.
Inside of the battery
• Charge with a smart battery charger to not only increase charge levels but to also condition and cleanse the inside of the battery. A CTEK 12V Battery Charger will, for example ensure that any sulphur that has built-up on the battery’s plates is removed and broken down into the acid, resulting in the battery being conditioned as well as charged.
By simply adding battery charging and cleaning to their usual car maintenance routines, drivers can extend the lives of their batteries exponentially, concurrently saving themselves money and unnecessary inconvenience.
For more information about CTEK, please visit www.ctek.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Punch Communications in the following categories: Motoring, Travel, Transport & Logistics, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.