For immediate release: 6 February 2012
What men should know about the menopause
Millions of women go through the menopause every year, but many men know very little about it. Yet understanding common symptoms like hot flushes and mood swings can help them offer the right support to the women at this time of life.
In the Winter 2011/12 issue of The Menopause Exchange newsletter, nurse consultant Debby Holloway discusses what men should know about the menopause and how they can help their female relatives, friends and work colleagues. She covers understanding the menopause and mid-life issues, common symptoms, long-term risks and treatment options.
“Women can often be reluctant to talk about the menopause, which means that the men in their life don’t know how to deal with it,” says Norma Goldman, founder and director of The Menopause Exchange. “Our article gives essential background to help men offer support and understanding, especially if their partner or relative is going through a difficult time.”
The Menopause Exchange is completely independent – it’s not sponsored by any companies and is funded purely by subscriptions from individuals and healthcare professionals. Other articles in the Winter 2011/12 issue include HRT myths and misconceptions, stop insomnia at the menopause and looking after your heart.
We have a special offer for new members.
Become a member of The Menopause Exchange before the end of April 2012 to receive our special offer. This includes two free back issues of The Menopause Exchange newsletter in addition to the usual membership entitlements. (Members of The Menopause Exchange receive four issues of the newsletter, regular fact sheets, use of the information service and access to the ‘Ask the Experts’ panel). Annual individual membership to The Menopause Exchange is £18.
Visit The Menopause Exchange website at www.menopause-exchange.co.uk.
For more information on The Menopause Exchange, write to The Menopause Exchange at PO Box 205, Bushey, Herts WD23 1ZS, call 020 8420 7245, fax 020 8954 2783 or send an
e-mail to email@example.com
NOTES FOR EDITORS:
1. The Menopause Exchange was launched in June 1999.
2. The founder and director of The Menopause Exchange is Norma Goldman, a pharmacist with a Master’s degree in health promotion. She gives talks on the menopause to employees in the workplace and hospitals, women and women’s groups, healthcare professionals, GP practices, organisations, health clubs and at exhibitions. Her daughter, Victoria, the editor of the newsletter, is an experienced health journalist with a BSc. degree in Biomedical Science and a Master’s degree in Science Communication.
3. The aim of The Menopause Exchange is to raise the awareness of the menopause among women, healthcare professionals (e.g. nurses and pharmacists) and complementary practitioners.
4. Topics covered in previous issues of the newsletter include: the perimenopause; HRT questions you forgot to ask your doctor; easing flushes and sweats without HRT; treating vaginal dryness; menopausal symptoms you may not recognise; phytoestrogen and herb safety; menopause relief through your pharmacy; essential fatty acids; screening for women over 50 and premature menopause.
5. UK annual membership (4 issues of the newsletter, regular fact sheets, use of the information service and ‘Ask the Experts’ panel) costs £18 for individuals; £22 for local organisations; £40 for companies/national organisations; corporate (over 10 copies) and overseas memberships are available on request.
6. All press enquiries to Norma Goldman on 020 8420 7245.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The Menopause Exchange in the following categories: Health, Medical & Pharmaceutical, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.