A recent survey found that half of workers had not taken a single day off sick in 2011* because of a cold or flu
The common cold is tightening its grip on workplaces across the UK, as record numbers of Britons trudge into work even when genuinely ill in a bid to impress the boss and underline their commitment to the job. A recent survey found that half of workers had not taken a single day off sick in 2011* because of a cold or flu – despite falling ill with such illnesses on up to three occasions.
Help is at hand, however, thanks to Fisherman’s Friend – maker of the nation’s strongest throat lozenges – which has decided to take action. The company, which commissioned the survey, is offering FREE ‘SOS Kits’ to offices in need, in a bid to blitz those bugs and keep workers protected from anything that may stand in the way of a productive working day.
Containing hand sanitiser, desk wipes, a mini hot water bottle, ‘stay awake’ glasses (to keep any sneaky naps discreet) and several packets of Fisherman’s Friend, the kits are a sure-fire way to keep workers safe from any nasty illnesses spread by colleagues refusing to stay at home!
If workers do fall ill, the strong menthol and eucalyptus in a Fisherman’s Friend lozenge is perfect to help keep the symptoms at bay, and with more menthol than many of its rivals, it really is the strongest there is!
If your office is suffering from a sickly spell and is in need of some help, simply call the dedicated SOS telephone helpline on 020 7554 4496, clearly leaving your name and address, or email at email@example.com. Fisherman’s Friend will despatch a free kit immediately, while stocks last, to help get your office back to working order.
- ends -
Notes to editors:
• *The survey was conducted on 15th December 2011 by Fisherman’s Friend amongst 1,000 adults.
• Fisherman’s Friend has been invigorating Britain since 1865.
• It is the strong menthol and eucalyptus found in Fisherman’s Friend lozenges that help keep winter ailments at bay. In fact, Fisherman’s Friend contains a third more menthol than its rivals. Menthol is widely used to treat colds, as it provides rapid relief from a blocked nose.
• Fisherman’s Friend’s RSPs are 73p for a 25g packet or £1.39 for a 45g box. The products are available in leading independent and multiple grocers, pharmacies, newsagents, convenience stores and forecourts.
• Visit [http://www.fishermansfriend.com] or [http://www.facebook.com/fishermansfrienduk] to find out more.
For more information (or a free SOS kit), please contact:
Nicole Kennedy/Jenny Choules
Fisherman’s Friend Press Office
Richmond Towers Communications
26 Fitzroy Square
London, W1T 6BT
Tel: 020 7388 7421
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Richmond Towers Communications (Chrome) in the following categories: Health, Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.