Pioneer’s perfect mix – the DJM-850 combines future-proof technology with the DJ’s favourite features
With two colour choices, four channels, one hundred effect combinations and endless creative possibilities, the new DJM-850 is set to become home and mobile DJs’ most sought-after mixer.
The DJM-850 is primed and ready for plug and play, with preconfigured, studio-quality effects accessible at the touch of a button. The mixer rivals software’s creative possibilities liberating DJs from their laptops and allowing for a more natural DJing experience.
The DJM-850 is the perfect choice at this price point because it retains its predecessor’s most popular features, inherits the high-end build of Pioneer’s club-standard DJM-900nexus, and adds a few innovative effects of its own.
The DJM-850’s Beat Colour Effect, an industry first, uses sidechaining to add another layer of control to Pioneer’s brilliantly simple Colour Effects. The Beat Effect ‘listens’ to the audio input of each channel and connects the changes in volume to other parameters, so DJs can flawlessly blend new sounds and effects into their mixes.
And the DJM-850’s integrated four-stereo-channel sound card makes setup incredibly simple, with connection to PCs and laptops requiring just one cable.
The glossy black DJM-850-K and sleek silver DJM-850-S will be available from late March 2012 at a SRP of 1,499 EUR/1,299 GBP each, including VAT.
KEY FEATURES OF THE DJM-850
1.) Built-in four-stereo-channel sound card
- The DJM-850 boasts an integrated high-performance sound card, enabling simultaneous input and output with 24-bit/96 kHz processing, so there is no deterioration of sound quality as it passes through the mixer.
- With three sampling rates (96 kHz/48 kHz/44.1 kHz), the DJM-850 can be used for music recording and production as well as expert DJing.
- Connection to PCs or laptops requires just one USB cable, so DJs can start mixing their stored music immediately. And software devotees can make the most of scratch control thanks to the mixer’s compatibility with the timecode feature on Digital Vinyl Systems, such as Traktor.
- Pioneer’s handy utility tool launches as soon as the DJM-850 is connected to a computer, allowing DJs to configure the mixer, sound card and audio routing according to their personal preferences.
2.) Beat Colour Effect – INDUSTRY FIRST
- The DJM-850 harnesses the power of the highly popular studio technique of sidechaining to add a new element to Pioneer’s wonderfully simple Colour Effects without making them any more complicated to use.
- By engaging the Beat button, another dimension of control is automatically added when you apply the Colour Effects. The Beat Colour Effect ‘listens’ to the audio input of each channel and directly connects the rhythmical changes in volume to another parameter: resonance for Filter and Crush, beat repeat for Cutter and ducking volume for the Noise Effect.
- This extra layer of control has become a staple of dance music production because of the way it blends new sounds and effects perfectly into the mix.
3.) Improved Beat Effects with new ‘FX Boost’
- The mixer offers DJs 13 enhanced Beat Effects. Along with old favourites, the DJM-850 inherits the incredibly high-quality Reverb and tripped out sound of the tape echo-inspired Spiral Effect from the DJM-900nexus. And, exclusive to the DJM-850, Pioneer introduces Up Echo, which produces a more reserved and controllable mix.
- Replicating the sound effects achieved by the DJM-900nexus’s touch-sensitive X-Pad, the ‘FX Boost’ function allows the Level/Depth knob to work more proactively than a standard Wet/Dry Control. Turn the dial to the 12 o’clock mark for a fully wet effect and turn it further to add Pitch Up to Up Echo and a High-Pass Filter to the Reverb.
4.) EQ isolator on each channel
- Each channel is home to a three-band equalizer (+6 dB to -26 dB) or three-band isolator (+6 dB to -∞dB).
- Emulating the isolator on Pioneer’s installation-grade DJM-1000, the DJM-850’s equalizer straddles the range from -26 kill to complete kill.
5.) High-quality sound and familiar, industry-standard layout
- Pristine sound reproduction with reduced noise interference is guaranteed thanks to the DJM-850’s top-of-the-range components: a 32-bit output D/A convertor; a 32-bit digital signal processor; the separation of analogue and digital circuitry; and the shortest possible transmission path.
- The DJM-850’s interface mirrors the user-friendly layout of Pioneer’s club-standard mixers for ultimate familiarity, wherever DJs perform.
6.) Durable build for DJs who love to play
- The internal parts of the DJM-850’s high-performance faders are nestled well out of harm’s way, so drink spillages aren’t the disaster they are with other mixers.
- Pioneer’s P-Lock Fader Caps prevent the faders from slipping off accidentally during rough use.
7.) Other features
- Fully MIDI assignable, the DJM-850 also serves as a MIDI controller.
- The USB port is conveniently located on top of the mixer so DJs can easily switch between connectable devices.
- The mixer automatically reverts to standby mode if it is not used for a set period of time
MAIN SPECIFICATIONS - DJM-850
- Number of channels
Audio 4-channel, MIC 2-channel
CD/Line x 4 (RCA), Line x 2 (RCA), Phono x 2 (RCA)
MIC x 2 - (XLR and 1/4-inch Jack combined use x 1, 1/4-inch Jack x 1)
Master Out x 2 (RCA x 1, XLR x 1)
Booth Out x 1 (1/4-inch Jack)
Headphone Monitor Out x 1 (top side 1/4-inch Jack)
REC Out x 1 (RCA)
Digital Out x 1 (Coaxial)
- Other ports
Send x 1 (1/4-inch Jack), Return x 1 (1/4-inch Jack)
MIDI Out x 1 (5P DIN), USB x 1 (top side B port), Control x 4 (Φ 3.5 mm mini-jack)
- Sampling rate 96 kHz
- D/A converter 32 bit
- A/D converter 24 bit
- Frequency response 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Total harmonic distortion Max. 0.004%
- S/N ratio Min. 106 dB (Line)
- Headroom 19 dB
- Power use AC 220 - 240 V (50 Hz/60 Hz)
- Electricity consumption 30 W
- Maximum external dimensions
(W x H x D) 320 × 108 x 381 mm
- Mass 7.7 kg
About Pioneer Europe
Pioneer Europe NV is the regional European headquarters of the Pioneer Corporation, a global leader in electronics and audio/video products for the home, car, commerce and industry, particularly in the following core multimedia technologies digital versatile disc (DVD), in-car navigation and AV systems. Its shares are traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
For all media enquiries, please contact Pioneer within your country www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/company/company/locations.html
For images please visit www.prosvlink.net press access password: prodj321
For videos please visit www.youtube.com/pioneerdjglobal
Download Word Doc of Press Release - HERE
Alternatively, contact Amy Chalmers at Pioneer DJ (European Marketing Department): email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Rood Media Ltd in the following categories: Men's Interest, Entertainment & Arts, Consumer Technology, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.