New version of Centrix WorkSpace iQ gives deeper insight to IT decision-makers planning Windows 7 migrations, new application delivery strategies and virtual and cloud infrastructure implementations
Provides decision-support intelligence on technology, user and asset requirements while highlighting IT rationalization and cost saving opportunities
Newbury, UK – March 5, 2012: Centrix Software, a leading provider of workspace computing solutions, today announced a new release of Centrix WorkSpace iQ, an unparalleled analytics solution for desktop transformation projects and large-scale desktop and application service delivery.
By providing visibility on actual IT consumption patterns through unique event-driven session analysis, WorkSpace iQ enables organizations to dramatically reduce the cost of maintaining software assets, streamline desktop transformation and make more informed decisions about new IT investments and sourcing methods. Centrix WorkSpace iQ 5.3 introduces a number of new reporting and analysis features:
Extract IT intelligence on users, assets and rationalization opportunities in faster time
• Automated Management Reporting – WorkSpace iQ now includes an automated management report output that displays the transformation, optimization and cost saving opportunities in a variety of document formats. Summary and detailed reports are automatically produced in a variety of file formats, making it easier for customers and consulting partners to share how and where efficiency can be delivered across software and hardware asset deployments and transformation programmes.
• Business Group Reporting – WorkSpace iQ now provides IT organizations with the ability to define application, device and service requirements for business groups based on user information residing in other systems such as HR or ITAM. Powerful user segmentation analysis and reporting features have been added.
• Integration with License Dashboard – WorkSpace iQ 5.3 introduces integration with license compliance reporting solutions from License Dashboard. This allows users to benefit from deeper reporting across license requirements, license right-sizing and optimization, which can lead to savings of up to 40% on license renewal.
New Features for Accelerating Windows 7 Migrations
• Windows 7 hardware compatibility assessment – In addition to assessing user and application compatibility for Windows 7, WorkSpace iQ now includes an additional reporting feature that assesses hardware compatibility across the desktop environment for Windows 7 based on Microsoft system requirements.
• Reporting on the use of IE6 (Internet Explorer 6) – WorkSpace iQ now provides assessment on the use of IE6-dependent applications. This helps organizations assess the impact of supporting IE6 applications when migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7 and define the best migration strategy for IE6-dependent applications.
Further enhancements also include expanded event logging, improved document usage tracking and enriched usage reporting for applications delivered through App-V.
“With greater insight on end-user computing environments and user requirements, organizations can lower the cost of IT ownership across their estates and fast track modernization projects such as a move to Windows 7, or a virtual or cloud infrastructure,” said Paul Burke, director of products at Centrix Software. “The new release of WorkSpace iQ gives IT decision-makers the evidence they need to make sound strategic investment decisions and manage the transition to new application delivery models.”
“Many enterprise organizations don’t have the level of user insight they need to make the most effective desktop and application decisions, which often leads to disruption, failure or increased costs of projects and service delivery. As the application and desktop environment becomes more complex with the use of virtualization, cloud and mobile infrastructure, having the ability to track assets and understand how they are being used will be a necessity for IT planning and management,” said John Abbott, Chief Analyst at The 451 Group. “Windows 7 offers organizations the opportunity to rethink how they take their application strategies forward. The use of analytics solutions is critical to supporting this, and will be absolutely essential in a cloud and virtualized environment where service demand and delivery is more fluid.”
WorkSpace iQ is part of the Centrix WorkSpace suite. Centrix Software also announced today an update to its unified service delivery platform Centrix WorkSpace Universal, providing solutions for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) governance and private cloud application delivery – see http://www.centrixsoftware.com/press-releases/centrix-softwa... for more information.
About Centrix Software
Headquartered in Newbury, UK, with the US corporate office in Framingham, MA, Centrix Software provides award-winning workspace computing solutions that optimize the way IT infrastructures deliver applications and content provisioned from physical, virtual, web or hosted platforms. By enabling a user-centric approach to IT service delivery, Centrix Software helps its customers to be more agile, flexible and efficient in how they deliver client-side technology services. Centrix Software’s solutions have helped leading organizations in banking and securities, insurance, telecommunications, retail, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, energy and utilities, and the public sector. For more information please visit www.centrixsoftware.com.
For the latest information on Centrix Software
• Centrix Software Twitter
• Centrix Software YouTube channel
• Centrix Software Facebook page
US PR/Analyst Relations
Tel: +1 781-789-6108
EMEA PR/Analyst Relations
Tel: +44 (0) 1491 873 323
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of One Bite Communications in the following categories: Business & Finance, Education & Human Resources, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.