New features in Centrix WorkSpace Universal enable enterprises to manage user authentication into Cloud and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications
New Content Launch Policy Control feature supports consistency of application choice in virtualized and private cloud environments
Newbury, UK - March 5, 2012 - Centrix Software, a leading provider of enterprise workspace computing solutions, today announced a new release of Centrix WorkSpace Universal, a workspace delivery platform that provides unified access to applications, desktops and content from any device and any location.
Part of the Centrix WorkSpace suite, Centrix WorkSpace Universal 5.3 provides a platform for unifying application service delivery in private cloud and hybrid computing environments. The release of WorkSpace Universal 5.3 brings new features for supporting the compliant use of software-as-a-service applications and dynamic application provisioning in private cloud environments. New features announced today include:
• Cloud pass-through authentication – enterprise users of SaaS solutions have to provide a set of credentials to SaaS providers that are different from their ActiveDirectory account credentials. WorkSpace Universal 5.3 provides pass-through authentication to SaaS applications, automatically supplying the required credentials to SaaS providers on behalf of users. This minimizes management overheads for the IT team, lowers helpdesk costs and improves quality of service for users.
• Content Launch Policy Control – as users are used to ‘launching a document’ rather than opening an application to access their file, this can present a problem to organizations adopting a virtualization and SaaS infrastructure. Content Launch Policy Control sets a flexible policy by which content, documents and files are dynamically associated with an appropriate application from a variety of provisioning options (local, virtual or SaaS). With this feature, WorkSpace Universal 5.3 enables users to get easy access to their files without having to search for an appropriate application while allowing IT to maintain a consistent application use policy.
• Admin pad – administration of WorkSpace Universal is greatly simplified by context sensitive Admin pads that provide easy, role-base controlled access to authorized administration functions.
• Launch pad – as users access WorkSpace Universal from any device and any location, Launch pads simplify the user experience with quick and easy access to key applications and content.
“New application delivery options bring great opportunities for organizations to drive more operational and service efficiency but also require new management approaches to traditional desktop provisioning. In addition, the influx of SaaS is increasing at a rate that requires IT to determine policies around the use and support of external applications,” said Paul Burke, director of products at Centrix Software. “With the release of Centrix Universal 5.3, organizations can create governance around new virtual and cloud-based service delivery while maintaining application availability and supporting existing infrastructure investments.”
“For organizations expanding their use of virtualization or planning private cloud services, having the ability to control all aspects of application provisioning and delivery is vital. As the enterprise IT infrastructure moves towards a more hybrid and virtual environment, a service framework across application provisioning and access workspaces will be a necessity. This is also critical for controlling the emergence of SaaS as a major component of the enterprise technology operation,” said John Abbott, Chief Analyst at The 451 Group.
WorkSpace Universal is part of the Centrix WorkSpace suite. Centrix Software also announced today an update to its workspace computing analytics solution Centrix WorkSpace iQ™, providing deep analysis and management reporting for Windows 7 and desktop transformation projects – see http://www.centrixsoftware.com/press-releases/centrix-softwa... for more information.
Tweet This: Centrix Software releases new solutions for SaaS Governance and document launch policy control in a virtual environment.
About Centrix Software
Headquartered in Newbury, UK, with the US corporate office in Framingham, MA, Centrix Software provides award-winning workspace computing solutions that optimize the way IT infrastructures deliver applications and content provisioned from physical, virtual, web or hosted platforms. By enabling a user-centric approach to IT service delivery, Centrix Software helps its customers to be more agile, flexible and efficient in how they deliver client-side technology services. Centrix Software’s solutions have helped leading organizations in banking and securities, insurance, telecommunications, retail, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, energy and utilities, and the public sector. For more information please visit www.centrixsoftware.com.
For the latest information on Centrix Software
• Centrix Software Twitter
• Centrix Software YouTube channel
• Centrix Software Facebook page
US PR/Analyst Relations
Tel: +1 781-789-6108
EMEA PR/Analyst Relations
Tel: +44 (0) 1491 873 323
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of One Bite Communications in the following categories: Business & Finance, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.