The MAD Blog Awards are the biggest and most exciting awards for UK parent blogs
22 March, 2012: The third annual MAD Blog Awards (http://www.the-mads.com) open today, celebrating the best and brightest of the thriving British parent blogging community.
From today, blog readers can nominate their favourite Mum and Dad blogs in 20 award categories, celebrating the diversity and popularity of parent blogs. Shortlisted finalists will be announced in May, and the winners of the awards, which are sponsored by Parentdish.co.uk, will be revealed at an awards ceremony in September.
The MAD Blog Awards winners will be chosen by a public vote, with the exception of the MAD Blogger of the Year, who will be selected from the finalists by a judging panel.
Sally Whittle, founder of the MAD Blog Awards and a parent blogger at Who's the Mummy, said: "The MAD Blog Awards are the biggest and most exciting awards for UK parent blogs, and we’re thrilled to be back with more categories, more prizes and more surprises for our third year. Blogging is a fantastic, fun and inspiring hobby for parents, and our awards are the perfect way to recognise, and celebrate their achievements.”
Tamsin Kelly, editor of Parentdish.co.uk, said: “We are extremely proud to be sponsoring the MAD Blog Awards again in 2012. We are constantly surprised by the number of parents blogging in the UK, and the enthusiasm they have for their blogs. Most of all, we love how parent bloggers use their sites to provide each other with friendship and support, throughout the rollercoaster parenting journey.”
There are more than 5,000 active parent bloggers in the UK today*, sharing everything from parenting tips to recipes, craft activities and creative writing. The MAD Blog Awards 2012 celebrates the many achievements of British Mummy and Daddy bloggers, and last year more than 50,000 nominations and votes were received in the awards.
The categories in the MAD Blog Awards 2012 are:
1. MAD Blogger of the Year, sponsored by Parentdish.co.uk
2. MAD Blog Post of the Year, sponsored by Sainsbury’s Finance
3. Best Family Travel Blog, sponsored by HomeAway.co.uk
4. Best MAD Baby Blog, sponsored by Emma’s Diary
5. Best MAD Blog Photography, sponsored by Photobox
6. Best MAD Blog Writer, sponsored by Lollibop
7. Best MAD Craft Blog, sponsored by Hobbycraft
8. Best MAD Blog for Family Fun, sponsored by Skoda
9. Best MAD Blog about Family Life, sponsored by Premier Inn
10. Best MAD Food Blog, sponsored by Brabantia
11. Best MAD Interiors Blog, sponsored by Vertbaudet
12. Best MAD School Days Blog, sponsored by Start Rite
13. Best MAD Small Business Blog, sponsored by Anywhere Working
14. Best MAD Style Blog, sponsored by TK Maxx
15. Best MAD Thrifty Blog, sponsored by Idealo
16. Best NEW Mad Blog, sponsored by Plum Baby
17. Best Pregnancy Blog, sponsored by New Baby Guides
18. Most Helpful MAD Blogger, sponsored by John Lewis
19. Most Inspirational MAD Blogger, sponsored by Crazy Soap
20. Most Innovative MAD Blog, sponsored by Seagate
* Number of active UK parent blogs, according to Tots100
Notes to editors:
About the MAD Blog Awards:
The MAD Blog Awards are organised by Flea Enterprises Ltd. Further details about the awards, judges and how to enter the MAD Blog Awards can be found at the MAD Blog Awards website at http://www.the-mads.com. Blog fans can also follow the latest news about the awards on Twitter (http://twitter.com/madblogawards) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/madblogawards)
Parentdish.co.uk (www.parentdish.co.uk) serves up a daily menu of parenting news, views and thought-provoking debate, plus trusted advice and best buy guides. From pregnancy to teens, Parentdish is with you every stage of the way.
For further information please contact:
MAD Blog Awards
Tel: 07500 095 284
Tel: 020 7492 1203
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The MAD Blog Awards (The MADs) in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Consumer Technology, Media & Marketing, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.