MatsSoft will urge hard-pressed delegates to let technology take the strain at the Changing the Culture of Government, Reforming Public Services conference and exhibition next month.
Tony Lockwood from MatsSoft will discuss the growing role of web-based platforms in helping public sector organisations operate more efficiently, when he addresses his audience in London on 3rd April.
The focus of Mr Lockwood’s speech will be Francis Maude’s pledge, following the formation of the coalition government in 2010, to leave ‘no stone unturned’ in ensuring central government delivers better for less, tackling the deficit whilst protecting frontline services.
The pressure to do better for less is being felt in every corner of the public sector, leaving executives with the seemingly impossible objective of delivering improved services while simultaneously cutting costs.
A key strategy that Mr Lockwood will introduce is the adoption of web-based technology to help manage internal workflow. Process tracking technology like MATS® (Multi Application Tracking System) helps workers log and monitor the progress of everyday cases ranging from applications to complaints. This facilitates improved communication between staff and departments, helping to eliminate delays, mistakes and efficiencies.
MatsSoft has helped numerous local authorities speed up and simplify the handling of routine customer-facing processes by smoothing out the end-to-end flow of information, with customers receiving automated progress updates when predetermined key stages have been reached.
Drawing from successful projects undertaken with authorities including Bedford Borough Council and Peterborough City Council, Mr Lockwood will explain how the delivery of such updates, via SMS or email, can help reduce incoming ‘chaser calls’ that have to be fielded at an estimated cost of £4 to £5 per call, which can quickly run into many thousands of pounds .
Mr Lockwood will tell delegates: “Significant benefits have been gained by introducing management systems that encourage stronger cohesion between disparate departments and functions by ensuring a smoother flow of information both internally and externally.
“From a workforce management viewpoint, staff are freed from the stress of fielding bulk chaser calls and can be redeployed on more productive activities. Customers are better informed, as they are reassured of progress and far less likely to feel the need to make a chaser call. For managers, the result is that processing efficiency rises by up to 30 per cent.”
MatsSoft is the developer of MATS®, which is a fast and inexpensive web-based managed service that links workflow with automated communications, allowing organisations to generate automated updates via SMS text or email, to keep customers informed.
A significant advantage is that MATS® integrates easily with existing IT to provide public bodies with an inexpensive, tailored and fast-acting solution.
Not only is it used by local government executives under pressure to deliver improved service under tight cost control restrictions but it is also widely used in the financial services industry by banks and building societies across multiple departments.
• MatsSoft’s workflow and communications solution, MATS®, is a managed service that can be quickly and easily set up to drive immediate and measurable efficiency gains, cost reductions and service improvements.
• MATS® unique web-based, user configurable solution is used in any situation where there is a customer, a supplier and a product or service process with more than one stage. By linking workflow and communications, MATS® keeps customers proactively informed via automated SMS messages, emails or personalised web pages, thereby freeing up the time staff previously spent on the ‘phone.
• MATS® hosted solutions are now being used for processes such as mortgage and loan applications, insurance claims, bereavements, account openings, voting systems, case management, customer service, logistics, remote customer/patient management, complaints handling, supply chain management and resource management.
• MATS® is currently used by many of the key firms in sectors including banking and insurance, healthcare, pharmaceutical, logistics, manufacturing, public utilities and government. MATS® is also used as a bulk communication medium to customers and third parties, via text messaging and email campaigns.
• Within days of installation, MATS® customers have reported calls down 65%, capacity up 30% and complaints down 90%
• The reporting tools within MATS® also provide valuable real time management information on workflow and business process management that is used to further refine and improve cost control and service levels.
• For more information, visit www.matssoft.co.uk , call 01234 321555 or email email@example.com
Images available on request
Please contact Lucy Robinson or Nick Henderson
Friday’s Media Group, 18 Soho Square, London, W1D 3QL
Telephone: 0845 500 1140
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Friday's Media Group in the following categories: Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.