Nobody should have to completely ban themselves from Easter eggs and Hot Cross Buns, just because they are trying to get in shape
Nobody should have to completely ban themselves from Easter eggs and Hot Cross Buns, just because they are trying to get in shape. JENNY CRAIG dietitian Jacqui Morrell says: “To keep morale high and so dieters don’t feel deprived, we suggest that dieters can treat themselves from time to time. The trick is not to overdose on treats and to keep in mind that there is more to Easter than chocolate.” The weight loss experts have put together the following Easter Survival Manifesto to help people with their diet plans during Easter.
1. Easter is the end of lent, so don’t start indulging before Easter Day.
2. Egg yourself on to reach a specific goal that you would like to achieve before Easter. Aim for a weight loss of 1 to 2lbs per week.
3. One Hot Cross Bun is the equivalent of two slices of bread and contains a lot less fat than a croissant.
4. Authentic Easter eggs are decorated boiled eggs. This chocolate free variety is wonderful at the breakfast table. For inspiration, look up how the Orthodox Greeks dye their eggs red with onion skins.
5. Outdoor egg hunts are a fun way to burn a couple of extra calories.
6. The key to effective portion control is: quality over quantity.
7. Bonnets, bunnies, chicken! Have some fun and get active by making some Easter decorations with your kids.
8. Think about the whole experience when you eat your Easter treat. Take time to unwrap it and enjoy it!
9. Share your treats, so there is less for you!
10. To avoid temptation, give away your leftover treats after Easter Monday.
Note to editors:
One of the leading weight management programmes in the US, JENNY CRAIG’s unique Mind-Food-Body approach combines delicious home delivered food with weekly one-to-one consultations. JENNY CRAIG has had more than 5 million clients over the past 10 years in US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and launched in the UK in April 2010.
JENNY CRAIG costs from £11 per week. For more information contact 0800 088 2034 or visit http://www.jennycraig.co.uk.
For more information, contact JENNY CRAIG UK PR Manager Sam Westcott at firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Arena Media in the following categories: Health, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.