Enhanced File Move and Copy Flexibility and End-User Self Service Features Make C2C PST Enterprise the Most Robust Solution for PST File Management and Elimination
READING, UK., - May 1, 2012 - C2C, a leading provider of email, file and messaging management solutions, today announced the release of version 2.2 of its PST Enterprise™ solution. C2C’s PST Enterprise is a strategic software tool which allows organisations to manage the elimination and migration of Microsoft Exchange PST data throughout their entire network. It has now been enhanced with additional PST file move and copy flexibility and end-user self service to automatically accommodate even the most elaborate retention management policies.
“Most companies understand that PST file management needs to be an integral component of their comprehensive retention management policy, and yet most haven’t taken the required steps because when performed manually, integrating PST file data into an archive can be a complex and time intensive endeavour,” said Dave Hunt, CEO of C2C. “Our latest version of PST Enterprise enhances the automation of PST file management processes while offering the dynamic flexibility to support retention policies of every type, without taxing valuable IT staff resources.”
PST Enterprise allows organisations to easily and seamlessly discover and report on all PST files throughout their organisation and provides the critical information needed to make informed decisions on their elimination or migration into an email archive or to Microsoft Exchange 2010. PST Enterprise collects critical information on each PST file, before it is ever migrated or ingested, including its location, age, volume of data, size on disk, and number of messages. The process is performed transparently, without any user interaction.
PST Enterprise now includes additional flexibility and customisable features to support the retention policies and file movement needs of any organisation: New features include:
• End User Self Service. Now, if the IT administrator wishes, end users can choose what policy they want applied to any of their PST files. Users can select which files they wish to keep and which files they wish to eliminate before the PST file is migrated to an archive or eliminated.
• Flexible Move Actions. Once PST Enterprise discovers PST files it can automatically move the files to a specified location, such as from a local workstation to a file server, for future management or retention.
• Flexible Copy Actions. Once PST Enterprise discovers PST files it can automatically copy the files to a specified location, such as from a local workstation to a file server, for future management or retention.
• Move and Copy Completion Options. Once a PST file has been moved or copied, administrators can select the automated completion options that best meet their retention policies, such as reconnect a PST to its Outlook profile, rename the local PST, or even delete the local PST.
• Support for Multiple Transport Modes. During a PST file move or copy process, PST Enterprise supports multiple transport modes to assure process completion. PST Enterprise supports copying files to a fileshare, the Microsoft Background Intelligent Transfer Service, or standard HTTP web services.
Available now, C2C’s PST Enterprise v2.2 operates as a stand-alone product which can be used alongside existing email archive software products or in combination with the C2C ArchiveOne Enterprise email management, eDiscovery and retention solution.
To learn more about PST management and elimination, join the C2C Webinar, “The 10 Point Plan to Eliminate PST Files,” on Wednesday, May 16 at 2:00pm BST. To register, please visit: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/819439289.
To download a trial version of PST Enterprise, please visit: http://www.c2c.com/demos-trials/free-trials and request “PST Enterprise.”
C2C Systems has earned the trust of its four million software users since 1992 by consistently delivering high-value, dependable core messaging system enhancements. Microsoft® Exchange, SharePoint®, and Windows® File Server form the heart of our commercial and governmental customers’ businesses worldwide. C2C’s ArchiveOne® product family is the trusted choice for their email and file archiving, eDiscovery, compliance management, legal forensics and storage management tools to enhance these platforms. For more information about the Company, visit www.c2c.com.
On Your Case Ltd
P: +44 (0) 7787 566382
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of On your case in the following categories: Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.