British hairdressing is renowned throughout the world as being creative and inspiring
The waiting is over and the nominees for HJ’s 28th British Hairdresser of the Year award have been announced. A specially selected group of industry experts, beauty journalists and international trade press were invited to nominate the hairdressers they felt best fulfilled the criteria, and from the nominations received eight inspirational and influential hairdressers have been nominated.
The nominees are -
• Errol Douglas - this is the 16th nomination for Knightsbridge salon owner Errol Douglas, previous winner of HJ’s Afro Hairdresser of the Year 1993, 1995 and 2007. A huge inspiration to hairdressers, Errol’s work is published internationally.
• Tim Hartley – this is Tim’s third nomination. With his sense of creativity and empowering teaching ability, Tim has been consistently creating collections and inspiring hairdressers for over 30 years.
• Mark Hayes – the fourth nomination for Mark Hayes, International Creative Director of Sassoon. A career with the company spanning over 30 years, Mark is responsible for creating their renowned photographic collections and inspiring hairdressers througout the world.
• Gary Hooker & Michael Young - this is the fifth nomination for owners of salon group Hooker & Young, collectively six times winners of HJ’s North Eastern Hairdresser of the Year and Schwarzkopf Professional British Colour Technicians of the Year 2006.
• Akin Konizi - Akin is the current British Hairdresser of the Year having also been awarded the title in 2008 and 2009. Akin is the Artistic Director for HOB and this is Akin’s seventh consecutive nomination.
• Mark Leeson - this is Nottinghamshire salon owner Mark’s second nomination. Known for his glamorous, wearable hair, Mark is a previous winner of HJ’s Eastern Hairdresser of the Year 2004, 2005 and 2006, and Schwarzkopf Professional British Colour Technician of the Year in 2007.
• Angelo Seminara – twice winner of British Hairdresser of the Year in 2007 and 2010, Angelo is renowned for his creative and inspirational images and has won HJ’s Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year in 2000, 2003 and 2004.
• Jamie Stevens – this is London and Somerset salon owner Jamie’s first nomination. Known for his work on Gok’s Fashion Fix, This Morning and the X-Factor, Jamie is an exceptional all round hairdresser. He is HJ’s current Mens Hairdresser of the Year and was also awarded the title in 2008.
In the British Hairdressing Awards 28 year history there have only been 15 hairdressers who have been awarded this esteemed title. They are - Trevor Sorbie, Anthony Mascolo, Irvine and Rita Rusk, John Frieda, Andrew Collinge, Nicky Clarke, Charles Worthington, Umberto Giannini, Beverly C, Mark Hill, Antoinette Beenders, Lisa Shepherd, Andrew Barton, Angelo Seminara and the current British Hairdresser of the Year Akin Konizi. Akin was ecstatic when he won the coveted title for the third time in 2011, “I couldn’t believe it when my name was called out, I was overwhelmed and delighted – being judged by your peers and winning the title for the third time is even more special.” said Akin.
Jayne Lewis-Orr, Publishing Director of Hairdressers Journal International was delighted to announce the nominees. “British hairdressing is renowned throughout the world as being creative and inspiring and the eight British Hairdresser of the Year nominees all live up to that expectation. The coming months are going to be very exciting as we have the first round judging of the regional and specialist categories, followed by the announcement of the six finalists within each of the categories. Within that time, the British Hairdresser of the Year nominees will be preparing their exclusive portfolio, which will be judged with the regional and specialist category finalists in September. I wish everyone involved the best of luck.
Known as the ‘Oscars’ of the hairdressing industry, the 2012 British Hairdressing Awards is presented by Hairdressers Journal International and sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional. The winners in all sixteen categories, culminating in the premier accolade, British Hairdresser of the Year 2012, will be announced by a leading media personality at a fantastic star studded awards ceremony and dinner at the Grosvenor House Hotel, a JW Marriott Hotel, Park Lane, London on Monday 26th November 2012.
For press enquiries on the British Hairdressing Awards please contact Alison Jameson or Rachael Grieve at Alison Jameson Consultants on + 44 (0) 131 621 7210, fax + 44 (0) 131 621 7215 or email; email@example.com.
www.britishhairdressingawards.com or www.hji.co.uk
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of AJC93 in the following categories: Health, Women's Interest & Beauty, Retail & Fashion, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.