Nationwide Building Society has launched a new ‘SavingsWatch’ service which harnesses technology from UK-based MatsSoft to deliver updates to customers via SMS text.
Aiming to keep customers proactively informed about changes to rates and new offers, the service generates alerts to those who have opted in to receive them.
‘SavingsWatch’ is an industry-leading initiative which ensures that customers are not ‘kept in the dark’ over changes to rates by sending them details in a manner that’s fast, convenient and highly accessible.
Richard Marriott, Nationwide head of savings, says: "Nationwide is the first savings provider to commit to offer this service to send our savers an alert by text or email. We believe this is the sort of clear and transparent savings information that every savings provider should be giving to their customers."
The creation and delivery of these text messages to many millions of customers is managed by MatsSoft’s MATS Mobile solution.
It is the first deployment of its kind in the financial sector and ensures that ‘SavingsWatch’ is rolled out in an efficient and cost-effective manner which minimises disruption to internal staff and relieves pressure on resources.
MatsSoft recently introduced the MATS Mobile solution to build on its success in helping large organisations manage workflow and communications with innovative web-based tools.
Martin Scovell, CEO of MatsSoft, said: “Over 90 per cent of consumers in the UK own a mobile phone, use it on a daily basis and have it with them almost all of the time. That makes mobile the most direct form of communication out there – but it’s crucial that this communication is carefully managed in order to be efficient, useful and non-intrusive. We’ve developed the MATS Mobile solution for exactly that purpose, and it’s very rewarding to see Nationwide Building Society deploying the technology in a way that will really help customers and put the organisation at the forefront of innovation within the financial services sector.”
About Nationwide Building Society:
Nationwide is the world's largest building society as well as the second largest savings provider and a top-three provider of mortgages in the UK. It is also a major provider of current accounts, credit cards, ISAs and personal loans. Nationwide has around 15 million members.
Since the credit crunch began in 2007, Nationwide has remained profitable against a very difficult economic environment. In the full year ending April 2012 Nationwide made a strong underlying profit of £304 million - up 10% from the previous year.
Customers can manage their finances in branch, on the telephone, internet and post. The Society has around 16,000 employees. Nationwide's head office is in Swindon with administration centres based in Northampton, Bournemouth and Dunfermline. The Society also has a number of call centres across the UK.
• MatsSoft’s workflow and communications solution, MATS®, is a managed service that can be quickly and easily set up to drive immediate and measurable efficiency gains, cost reductions and service improvements.
• MATS® unique web-based, user configurable solution is used in any situation where there is a customer, a supplier and a product or service process with more than one stage. By linking workflow and communications, MATS® keeps customers proactively informed via automated SMS messages, emails or personalised web pages, thereby freeing up the time staff previously spent on the ‘phone.
• MATS® hosted solutions are now being used for processes such as mortgage and loan applications, insurance claims, bereavements, account openings, voting systems, case management, customer service, logistics, remote customer/patient management, complaints handling, supply chain management and resource management.
• MATS® is currently used by many of the key firms in sectors including banking and insurance, healthcare, pharmaceutical, logistics, manufacturing, public utilities and government. MATS® is also used as a bulk communication medium to customers and third parties, via text messaging and email campaigns.
• Within days of installation, MATS® customers have reported calls down 65%, capacity up 30% and complaints down 90%.
• The reporting tools within MATS® also provide valuable real time management information on workflow and business process management that is used to further refine and improve cost control and service levels.
• For more information, visit www.matssoft.co.uk , call 01234 321555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Images available on request
Please contact Lucy Robinson or Nick Henderson
Friday’s Media Group, 18 Soho Square, London, W1D 3QL
Telephone: 0845 500 1140
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Friday's Media Group in the following categories: Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.